We are facing some issues with applets. The requirement is to force the applet to use MSJVM irrespective of browser option(IE option "Use SunJRE for <applet> tag") is checked or not.
1. For that I tried to load the applet using <object> tag and passed the clsid as "clsid:08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501" then also it is loading SUNJVM if IE option "Use SunJRE for <applet> tag".
2. When I read the docs , just by deleting TreatAs subkey for clsid 08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501 , it will load the applet through MSJVM and it is loading too.
3. But the problem is if I delete this TreatAs key , it is loading the MSJVM for all the applets using <applet> tag as well as <object> tag aslo if "Use SunJRE for <applet> tag" is checked.
so what is want to know is:
1. can we use <object> tag and force only the applets using <object> tag to load through MSJVM (applets using <applet> tag should work asusual)?
2. Can we configure new clsid for MSJVM?
What are you doing? You are supposed to be reading this tiny ad!
the new thread boost feature brings a LOT of attention to your favorite threads