• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Tim Cooke
  • Paul Clapham
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Sheriffs:
  • Ron McLeod
  • Frank Carver
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Al Hobbs
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven
  • fred rosenberger

SCJP querry

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi , I am in a great deliema . I am a student of BCA and had just appeared
my final sem.I am looking for the SCJP certification. Is it a good decision to join the training session now as I dont have any real time experience in programming with java.Kindly suggest me....
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1609
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by prithviraj choudhury:
hi , I am in a great deliema . I am a student of BCA and had just appeared my final sem.I am looking for the SCJP certification. Is it a good decision to join the training session now as I dont have any real time experience in programming with java.Kindly suggest me....



Welcome aboard Prithvi! !! There is no wrong time to do the right thing. You can start now, believe that you have started your preparation already with this post.
Let us know how far you are into programming and OOps, so that we can help you better.
[ August 07, 2007: Message edited by: Akhilesh Trivedi ]
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 142
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

I dont have any real time experience in programming with java.



I think that does not really matter. Real experience in java programming would not really help you in making the exam. If you have an IDE and a compiler that gives you hints when you have done something wrong, you adjust that in your source code without giving it a deep thought. You do not get as deep in the java language as you do with this exam and the tricky mock questions like 'you forgot a semicolon here so you had to choose does not compile'.

May-be it is even the best to do it now. For one you will get the most profit from it in the job market. With the SCJP you can show you know java without references to a previous job. And second since you're young you'll probably learn this tricky parts quicker then I do as an old programmer.

Also I have programmed C++ for ten years, but preparing for this exam I have learnt more tricky stuff about java in half a year then I learnt about C++ programming for ten years. This is because most really tricky stuff you mostly do not need 95% of your time programming, and the remaining 5% are either resolved by looking closely at compiler errors or by browsing on the internet.
[ August 07, 2007: Message edited by: Marc Wentink ]
 
You don't know me, but I've been looking all over the world for. Thanks to the help from this tiny ad:
Garden Master Course kickstarter
https://coderanch.com/t/754577/Garden-Master-kickstarter
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic