Granny's Programming Pearls
"inside of every large program is a small program struggling to get out"
JavaRanch.com/granny.jsp
Win a copy of Building Blockchain Apps this week in the Cloud/Virtualization forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Knute Snortum
  • Bear Bibeault
Sheriffs:
  • Devaka Cooray
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Ron McLeod
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Carey Brown
  • salvin francis
Bartenders:
  • Tim Holloway
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven

how to react to this situation

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 14
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi
I have a typical problem infact i work for a MNC comp i have joined this comp only 5 months back meanwhile somehow i got a interview from a another big comp(infact a global comp, i really dont remember when i applied) to which i got selected and they made an offer to me.
in the present comp i work for, i have established some credibility during this 5 months and hold a good name, my prob now is should i accept this offer(it is few bucks more than wat i earn in my existing comp) or should i continue in the present comp and get to a good position and shld not spoil my cv and career by shifting jobs in every 5 months (or)
(as few of my friends suggest)should i not worry abt the career and all and go for accepting this offer coz nowadays in IT field wat matters most is the money u earn not any credibility u establish
so im in utter dieliema, dont know wat to decide!!
any thoughts are most welcome
Cheers
Sri
 
author and deputy
Posts: 3150
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by srinath karkhani:
(as few of my friends suggest)should i not worry abt the career and all and go for accepting this offer coz nowadays in IT field wat matters most is the money u earn not any credibility u establish


See! who can give u more secured job in long term than the salary rates!..
Thats what i will do.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1551
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Unless your present company has a special command
of their market, trading up might not be a
mistake.
There's been some surveys about loyalty around
the web. If one adds up the undecided and the
people that think loyalty counts against you, I
believe it's more than 50%.
 
Sheriff
Posts: 6037
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Well, you should generally do what makes you happy. I have regularly gotten calls/offers from company B, after having just accepted at company A. (In fact, it happened twice in the last twoo weeks.) I keep my word and if I accept an offer, will not back out on it, even for more money or an otherwise better job. Of course, it's unclear at what point I've made a good faith effort, and should feel free to move on.
Unless there's a huge benefit to changing, I wouldn't bother.
--Mark
 
I have gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here with this tiny ad:
Java file APIs (DOC, XLS, PDF, and many more)
https://products.aspose.com/total/java
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!