• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Shifting to J2ME

 
Prakash Dwivedi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 452
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
I working on Java from last 4 years, and from last 3 years i am working on J2EE(servlets, jsp, ejb). I have recd offer from a company for j2ME position. I have never worked on J2ME. My present company and the company from which i have recd the offer are almost same otherwise.
I am not able to decide should i accept this offer or not esp because i dont now what is the future in J2ME.
I am living in New Delhi.
 
Robin Davies
Ranch Hand
Posts: 64
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If your a java developer, and don't know about J2ME. As far as i am concerned you should not even be in the profession!
 
ChanSan Mehbubani
Ranch Hand
Posts: 108
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Robin Davies:
If your a java developer, and don't know about J2ME. As far as i am concerned you should not even be in the profession!

Robin,you too.Programming does not require Master degree.Give chance to people who don't have degree.
 
Prakash Dwivedi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 452
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Robin Davies:
If your a java developer, and don't know about J2ME. As far as i am concerned you should not even be in the profession!

Well i am not a college student who has lust to learn every new technology. Also i doubt whether u r working as a Java Developer. My question was to some senior members in this forum who can help me in taking decison related to me career.
 
Chris Mathews
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2712
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Robin Davies:
If your a java developer, and don't know about J2ME. As far as i am concerned you should not even be in the profession!

I am a Java Developer and I have never worked with J2ME... I guess I am not allowed in your elitist club either.
[ February 07, 2004: Message edited by: Chris Mathews ]
 
Billy Tsai
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1304
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
well robin if u dont have all 5 Java certifications and the upcoming SCMAD J2ME certification you shoud not be doing java at all even if u have a phD in compsci or infosys and many years of experience
btw is there more future in j2me than in j2ee?
 
Chris Mathews
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2712
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Prakash Dwivedi:
Hello,
I working on Java from last 4 years, and from last 3 years i am working on J2EE(servlets, jsp, ejb). I have recd offer from a company for j2ME position. I have never worked on J2ME. My present company and the company from which i have recd the offer are almost same otherwise.
I am not able to decide should i accept this offer or not esp because i dont now what is the future in J2ME.
I am living in New Delhi.

J2ME is a strong and growing field, so I don't think that there is any worry over knee-capping your career. The big question is: Are you interested in working in the J2ME environment?
BTW, J2ME experts like our very own Michael Yuan see strong ties between J2ME and J2EE. I suggest you check out his book: Enterprise J2ME: Developing Mobile Java Applications.
 
Robin Davies
Ranch Hand
Posts: 64
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Yo whatever, i know my capabilities.
They don't call it masters for any reason!
It's just a worthless peice of paper.
Only the people who havn't got it criticise it.
 
Chris Mathews
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2712
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Robin Davies:
Yo whatever, i know my capabilities.
They don't call it masters for any reason!
It's just a worthless peice of paper.
Only the people who havn't got it criticise it.

As everyone can see... you were the only one doing any criticizing in this thread. Congratulations on the Masters.
 
Manish Hatwalne
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2596
Android Firefox Browser Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
J2ME is definitely going to better in the future. And I believe people who start early here, will definitely have an edge over others. There are far too many competitors in the J2EE market here in India.
All the best!!!
- Manish
 
Mark Herschberg
Sheriff
Posts: 6037
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Robin,
While you may be dismayed that a Java developer hasn't heard of J2ME, please express it in a less derogatory manner.
--Mark
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic