This is regarding a job offer for the Postion of Project Lead from one of the "Big Five" Indian IT Firms in Pune.
Well, couple of weeks back they interviewed me, first telephonic and then they called me to meet them in Pune.
The very same day the HR Manager offered me the job and he tells me that the Pay and everything gets decided at hydrabad HQ. He just have to fill up couple of forms and the HQ at Hydrabad will decide on my Pay and stuff. He also tells me that everything works on the Intranet ERP System so first he will send me the pdf offer and if I accpet then he will send me the offer by courior.
So I called him after 2-3 days and this guys tell me that it (The Offer)is still under process and confirms that the offer is final and I can have his word for that. I call him again after a week or so and now he tells me that there is some problem with the internal system and that's why he can not process my offer. meanwhile I get an automated mail from the company, givnig the me username and password to access the internal system what he was talking about. I do see in the system that this guy really filled up my information in the System (Info Like DOB and Mailing Address). So he really filled up my info in the system.
I call him again and now he tells me that the problem with the system still persists but he tells me my Pay Package and everything, but I dont have any formal offer yet so that I can give my current employeer some Notice Period.
Now he is telling me that system is still not up and he is very frustrated about that and he will get in touch with me as and when the System is up and runnig and when he is ready to generate the Offer Letter.
Well this is the company I want to work for (Which I doubt now ). I am getting little nervous about this job offer meanwhile I rejected couple of other offers.
Should I be patient and wait for his reply or keep on calling him untill I get the offer. What should I infer from the entire situation. Is this guy credible enough. I dont know
If he has to reject me then he would have done it upfront right? Why would he make up such reasons.