Thanks for all your valuable replies.
1. Im not getting desperate about not getting a job in a months time. But Im finding something fishy after not getting even a 'call' after sending my CV to many places. I have 3+ years of experience and if they have listed 10 Java/xml and related technologies, I tend to match 5 to 7 amonst them and I can see the jobs being re-posted and still.. not even a call? If I make mistakes in the interview, its clearcut my fault. But in this case, I feel, Im missing some point all together. Why is that I am not being called?
Im re-writing my CV to see if it works. The one I sent out here is getting me calls from Indian companies though!
2. For a contract position of 6 months or so, do they really want to know if I will be here after successfully completing that?
3. Mark, I was thinking if working on open source project would mean more to the potential employer than I myself doing something.
After thinking about it, I felt if I work on some project on my own, I will get experience in all the aspects of a project.
- I don't know how many people back in India will know about someone working on open source projects! If they do, how much will they prefer it to someone working on a small project on her own.
- Getting a laptop to the interview? Any guys back there in India have done this? I have not seen this happening. Did not hear it from anyone.
I do not mind carrying one. But I would like to avoid being perceived as someone who shows off the laptop!
Would appreciate help from any Indian ranchers out here.
I understand Mark, that what you wanted to imphasis was 'doing work that can be demo'ed'. I will keep that in mind.
4. Danny, Im here for around 3 months now and Im feeling comfortable here. My husband knows many people and they help us with info about this part of the world.
5. Helen, Wales is nice for sure! I love it and find the people very quiet and warm hearted. We do go out on weekends. Its fun and greenery is a treat to the eyes.
Its the week days Im concerned about