• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Tim Cooke
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Devaka Cooray
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Knute Snortum
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Ganesh Patekar
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Pete Letkeman
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Tim Holloway
  • Ron McLeod
  • Vijitha Kumara

Where to put web.xml  RSS feed

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 126
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
i have made a simple JSP page using Tomcat and i want to do some configuration in web.xml and i put my JSP page in ROOT, so is the following path is the right place to put the web.xml and make out the configuration -:


C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\web.xml.

If the above path is not right place then please tell me the
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3830
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Yes. ROOT is your application name.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 100
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Gourav that's the default path for the web.xml no need to change it, though ur modifing it. Only restart the server to reflect the changes.

With Best Regards!
Sachin.
 
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3830
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sachin Dimble:
Gourav that's the default path for the web.xml no need to change it, though ur modifing it. Only restart the server to reflect the changes.

With Best Regards!
Sachin.



When we are not using any IDE, we have to place files ourself at proper places...
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 77
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by rathi ji:


When we are not using any IDE, we have to place files ourself at proper places...



But we have to follow the convention used for coding.rather than placing the files in another path. Its bad convention to use somewhere else.
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Chidanand Chauhan:


But we have to follow the convention used for coding.rather than placing the files in another path. Its bad convention to use somewhere else.



Exactly i do agree with you.
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!