This week's book giveaway is in the Cloud forum.
We're giving away four copies of The Business Blockchain and have William Mougayar on-line!
See this thread for details.
Win a copy of The Business Blockchain this week in the Cloud forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Applets

 
Anonymous
Ranch Hand
Posts: 18944
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I wrote a applet using Type 4 JDBC drivers to connect
to a Oracle 8 database server.
I am using Microsoft IIS server to host my applets.
Both the ISS server and the Oracle Server are on the
same computer for now.
Initially, the class files and the html page for the applet
were on my machine (since I developed them).
I was able to open the applet using I.E 4.0 and accessed
the database without any problem. The CLASSPATH on
my machine had the path to the applet classes and to the
JDBC classes (i.e classes111.zip file for Oracle) on my machine.
Then I moved all the class files and the JDBC classes
(i.e classes111.zip file for Oracle server) to the
machine containing the web server and Oracle Server
From the CLASSPATH on my machine, I removed the path
to the class files and classes111.zip file on my machine.
Now if I try to load the applet on the web server using
I.E 4.0, my I.E.4.0 crashes.
This happens after loading the initial login dialog
(part of my applet). So it's finding the class files.
It is also opening a connection to the database before
it crashes (as I show a text message on the status bar
of the explorer after opening the database connection).
But if I add the path to the class files and the
classes111.zip file on my machine to the CLASSPATH
on my machine and then try to load the applet from
the webserver (i.e the html file on the webserver),
then I am again able to load the applet correctly.

 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic