Win a copy of Fixing your Scrum this week in the Agile forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Rob Spoor
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Tim Cooke
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Holloway
  • Piet Souris
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Frits Walraven
  • Himai Minh

onsite chances??

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 481
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi all
please let me know how to get onsite chance?

i am working currently in one of the indian MNC company for past 2years.

Please do reply
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 280
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Well, if there was a sure-shot path towards going on-site, all coders in India would be on-site now

Seriously, don't you think this depends on your company, your skills matching with the on-site project and good rapport with the manager who decides who goes on-site?

I don;t work in India to know about on-site selection, but this is what common sense suggests
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 391
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Offf.......Karthik Rajasekaran has come a full circle back to square one to restart discussions about Onsite chances and great pay packages!!!
I kndly request one of the moderators to delete this thread.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 63
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The key to get onsite chance, is to get release from your current project first!
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3851
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Karthik Rajashekaran:
hi all
please let me know how to get onsite chance?

i am working currently in one of the indian MNC company for past 2years.

Please do reply



If you are working in MNC since 2 years then it should not be difficult for you...

Get one good offer, show to your manager and ask for onsite and tell if you will not give me onsite then I may leave the company...

Atleast your manager will know that you are keen about going, they will do something for you...

All the best.

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 70
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by rathi ji:


Get one good offer, show to your manager and ask for onsite and tell if you will not give me onsite then I may leave the company...



Be careful. You might end up losing your job. Consider this option as your last recourse.
[ February 18, 2006: Message edited by: Geoffrey Chu ]
 
Karu Raj
Ranch Hand
Posts: 481
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Geoffrey Chu

Hi can you explain me as you mention in your statement.

I got offer from infosys for 3.5.
But i am unhappy with this offer ,because I was expecting 4.3 atleast and second not much onsite chances.

Any one have idea about IVS department in Infosys???
Please reply.The position in infosys is Testing profeesional one i applied

Now I am confused what should i do.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1704
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by rathi ji:


If you are working in MNC since 2 years then it should not be difficult for you...

Get one good offer, show to your manager and ask for onsite and tell if you will not give me onsite then I may leave the company...

Atleast your manager will know that you are keen about going, they will do something for you...

All the best.



This may not work always. At this stage managers ready to give some false promises which may not work at all. And it may lead you to get more frustation too.
 
Geoffrey Chu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 70
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Karthik Rajashekaran:
Geoffrey Chu

Hi can you explain me as you mention in your statement.

I got offer from infosys for 3.5.
But i am unhappy with this offer ,because I was expecting 4.3 atleast and second not much onsite chances.

Any one have idea about IVS department in Infosys???
Please reply.The position in infosys is Testing profeesional one i applied

Now I am confused what should i do.



What I have seen so far -based on your posts- is that you will never be happy. Now you want 4.3, tomorrow it will be 5.3 and so on.

My advice is that you should look at the career path, ask your employer what you expect and what they can offer, negotiate with them. If you do not find an intersection, then find a job that match your expectations and leave.

Don't rush to make more money. Improve your skills, get more certifications, improve your foundation, become a better asset to your company or open your own company. Be patient and disciplined, and money will come. I think you are t0o worried to make fast-money.
[ February 19, 2006: Message edited by: Geoffrey Chu ]
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 299
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Geoffrey Chu:


What I have seen so far =based on your posts- is that you will never be happy. Now you want 4.3, tomorrow it will be 5.3 and so on.

My advice is that you should look at the career path, ask your employer what you expect and what they can offer, negotiate with them. If you do not find an intersection, then find a job that match your expectations and then leave.

Don't rush to make more money. Improve your skills, get more certifications, improve your foundation, become a better asset to your company or open your own company. Be patient and disciplined, and money will come. I think you are to worried to make fast-money.



Well said.
 
Kj Reddy
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1704
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Geoffrey, well said.

Karthik,
If you start measuring your career in terms of money you will never happy. As you gain more skills, experience you will get money automatically. So first decide what you want to achieve in your career and plan for it. Money should not be your target in your career.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 120
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I cannot agree more with you, Geoffrey. Right said.
[ February 21, 2006: Message edited by: Ramasubbhu Allur Kuppusamy ]
 
money grubbing section goes here:
the value of filler advertising in 2021
https://coderanch.com/t/730886/filler-advertising
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic