I am trying to run my first EJB
. I have the Window 2000 and Java
SDK 1.3 in my machine. I followed the step-by-step instruction to run the first exercise: Installing and Configuring the J2EE Reference Implementation from the Sun EJB Short Course at the site: http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/EJBIntro
Every step went fine, except when I ran the testClient.bat file by double clicking on that icon, I saw only a flash of the command prompt. Nothing showed up on the screen. Or I should say nothing was produced when I ran the testClient.bat file.
I did the following:
I downloaded and installed j2sdkee1.2.1 on my C drive root directory.
1. I set the J2EE_HOME environment: set J2EE_HOME=C:\j2sdkee1.2.1
2. I put the J2EE_HOME/bin into my PATH environment variable:
3. I edited the compileEJB.bat and successfully compiled converterEJB. java, ConverterHome.java, and Converter.java
4. I started the J2EE server, and ran the Application Deployment Tool, and I created a new J2EE application, ConverterApp.ear
5. I packaged the Enterprise Bean and added Converter.class(remote interface), ConverterEJB.class(Enterprise Bean class), and ConverterHome.class(home interface) in the ConverterJAR. And inserted the JAR file into the application's ConverterApp.ear file
6. I deployed the J2EE application, and
7. I compiled the Client's code successfully
Could anybody tell me why nothing is produced when I ran the testClient.bat script?