Win a copy of Cross-Platform Desktop Applications: Using Node, Electron, and NW.js this week in the JavaScript forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

No results from stateless session bean, horrible WAS setup  RSS feed

 
james render
Ranch Hand
Posts: 72
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi there, am having a problem with a stateless session bean not returning any results from interogating its methods.

I'm accessing this bean as a client, there is a servlet test harness that can be used to determine that the bean is up and returning results.

The results that are returned come in a CachedRowSet.

The setup is quite peculiar, I'm running from the commandline (well eclipse) but using the jvm supplied with WAS4.0 inside of WSAD. There was quite a bit of fiddling to get it to connect. But basically I told eclipse to use the jvm from C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\runtimes\aes_v4\java, then I plastered the classpath with a couple of user libraries with the contents of C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\runtimes\aes_v4\lib and C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\runtimes\aes_v4_jars\lib

Here is my code (refs replaced):



When I print out the ejb reference I get the long corba reference IOR:blahblahblah

The ejb server is running WAS4.0 as well.

Has there been a problem in the ejb retrieval, something jndi/corba related?

I know its a bit obscure but please help, major being encountered..
 
james render
Ranch Hand
Posts: 72
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
turns out that the problem was an invalid jndiName. Unfortunately there were multiple environments on the same naming service, so the ejb look-up worked, but it didn't return any results as it was pointing at a different database.

As an aside I managed to set up an ejb client in eclipse to access these ejbs which were deployment on WAS4.0.

I also have wsad installed (but try not to use it), so I pointed eclipse at the ibm jvm for was4.0 then included these additional jars on the classpath

ivejb35.jar
j2ee.jar
webcontainer.jar
websphere.jar

I used the com.ibm.ejs.ns.jndi.CNInitialContextFactory.

I believe its possible to use another naming service as your initial context, but there aren't many examples of how to do this out there... you can use the sun context apparantly..
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!