Hi all I am new to EJB and i followed the tutorial to set up entity beans from EJBtut.com, i faily understood the configurations and EJB structure. But i have a problem in registering mysql driver as the dasebase driver.
I am using Jboss-4.0.0 as my app server and mysql as a database.
Could anybody help with the procedure as i feel i am not doing it right.
1. Have you put mysql driver file in JBoss server's lib folder.
2. From C:\jboss-4.0.0\docs\examples\jca directory you can get mysql-ds.xml file and place it in JBoss server's deploy folder.
3. Edit this file for <jndi-name>,<connection-url>,<driver-class>,<user-name>, <password>
4. In login-config.xml file if you have <application-policy name = "someDbRealm"> specified. If yes then check for <module-option name = "managedConnectionFactoryName">jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=This should be same as <jndi-name> in step 3.</module-option>
5. <security-domain> in mysql-ds.xml file at step 2. should be same as application-policy name at step4.
Bruno Collet<br /><a href="http://www.practicalsoftwarearchitect.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.practicalsoftwarearchitect.com</a><br />- The Paradox of Software Architecture: It is easy to make a complex architecture, but it is difficult to make a simple architecture.