Originally posted by Mark Waldrop:
So here are my questions (sorry for the long background story):
1. Does people here agree that this is being underpaid?
2. If so, what is considered the average for a 6 years work experience developer, whose always had positive reviews from management? Is requesting to be re-adjusted to $80K asking too much?
3. I was disappointed to not get promoted to Senior Software Engineer this year, as a co-worker who started at the same time as me, and of which I feel I provide as good quality work, experience, and skills. Is there a typical way that this is approached with your manager?
4. Is there such a thing as requesting my pay based on skills/resume be re-evaluated?
5. Anybody else gone through a similar experience?
6. I also acquired a MS (for IT) and a Grad Certificate in IT Management during my time at this company, yet I never saw a real pay boost based on those merits, but HR is aware that I have them. Do most businesses adjust salary for advanced degrees?