• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Connection Factory not found

 
Ådne Brunborg
Ranch Hand
Posts: 208
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Case: In my current project, we are making serious changes to the database structure while needing to keep supporting the current database which is in use. To accomplish this, it was decided to make a copy of v.1 of the project and make a duplicate - since we're for some strange reason using Visual SourceSafe, branching options is somewhat limited.

The original project is called kmadmin-server, the new one is called kmadmin-server-2. They are deployed in the kmadmin.ear (along with kmadmin-client and kmadmin-shared).

So far, so good. Changes are made to the code, including new mapping to the database, and compiling, building and generating RMIC/deployment code all works well for the kmadmin-server-2. But, when I try to start the server, all goes terribly wrong.

Exerpts from the console:


[ November 29, 2005: Message edited by: �dne Brunborg ]
 
Andy Williams
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Did this problem get resolved as I am getting a similar problem.

Cheers
 
Andy Williams
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have finally found the problem so I thought i'd post so others don't run into the same very stupid problem.

Basically I was getting the same error as above when trying to connect to a datasource through the JNDI lookup process, while using Web Sphere 6. I had set up my JDBC providers and datasources and tested all the connections and all worked fine in the admin console. I deployed my applications in the servers and ran the code only for it fail on the above problem. I knew my connection to the DB was fine so I used Web Spheres "DumpNameSpace.bat" tool (located in the bin directory of the web sphere install location)to inspect my JNDI context for the app server. None of my defined JDBC JNDI references were showing up.

So basically Web Sphere did not have the jndi reference when coming to running my application despite me setting these up and adding them to my application. Turns out............... Web Sphere 6 does not like being installed in any directory structure that contains a SPACE like 'Program Files'!!! I really should have figured this out sooner. Reinstalled to a none space directory structure and all the jndi references worked fine and were now appearing in the dumpnamespace output.

Hope this helps someone.
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!