1) Will this development bring a shift of projects from Java to .Net??
2) How intelligent is the customer/client to understand the benefits of open source?
3) What is SUN gonna do,it has started opening source for not only Java SE but also Java EE and even Jini and what not,including solaris.
4) Should a fresh java developer start to worry?
Java will stay for a couple of years atleast
1)It's upto marketing people to decide what technology devels of a company work on!? .I thought marketing folks depend on their tech parts for directions. Is this the general trend or depends on a company...
Originally posted by Srikanth Raghavan:
It is not the red hot technology of 2007, perhaps AJAX is
[ January 04, 2007: Message edited by: Srikanth Raghavan ]
Originally posted by Anjali S Sharma:
BTW, AJAX is not a technology
Originally posted by Rohit Nath:
No! It doesnot work that way..
When product/solution is being proposed following things are taken into consideration:-
1. Which technology best solves the problem on hand?
2. Is the technology marketable? (Here itself marketability of product is taken care of)
3. Is the technology scalable/portable and other "..ables" this also helps in marketing the product
A lot of market study and domain analysis is done before actually undertaking actual development of any product.
Based on this initiall crucial decisions the product/service is developed.
The marketing team then comes in to use these advantages to sell the product to its prospective clients/customers.
Market Analysis-> (decide technology) -> develop product -> Marketing team -> Clients/Customers
So Marketing team's job is to sell the product on hand.It has got very little to do with deciding the technical aspects of the product.
You can think of it as two seperate entities:
1. Development team: Undertakes lifecycle of product.
2. Marketing team: Markets the product to prospective clients.
One important point to note here.
A good marketing team can sell ice from Antarctica to eskimos at price of Gold! (This is no exhageration believe me!)
This will take every ounce of my mental strength! All for a tiny ad:
free, earth-friendly heat - a kickstarter for putting coin in your pocket while saving the earthhttps://coderanch.com/t/751654/free-earth-friendly-heat-kickstarter