I have got an offer from a good MNC company in Pune. I have about 2.5 years of experience in Java and they are offering me a pay package of 6 LPA. My current CTC is 3.6 LPA. I stay in Hyderabad so I have to pack my bags and move there leaving my family. My monthly expenses will shoot up and I need your suggestions.
1) Pay: Is it a good pay per industry standard in Pune for someone with my experience? Is it low? high?
2) Monthy expenses: I have to leave my family and stay there alone which I have never done in my life. How are the rents in Pune? (A single neat room in a good environment is sufficient). Will I get a place to stay in 15 days time? I would preferably like to stay alone, will it cost much? How much will be my total monthly expenses? (Rent, food, etc. for an average life). 8000 to 10,000 bugs? I just need a rough figure here.
3) Work Life Balance: How are the other things in Pune? I visited the place during my interview process and I found the place a little weird. May be that's because I got used to Hyderabad. And language is another problem for me. My Hindi can kill people
4) Take home: Roughly how much will be my take home for my salary? I guess I have to pay more tax now. It would be very helpful if I get to know this figure for my plans. Any tips on saving taxes?
5) Any other tips or suggestions?
I thankfully appreciate all your advice and it would be great to hear people from Pune especially. Meet you guys there
Regarding accommodation of the kind you say you want, you should be able to get it for about 4K to 7K per month depending on WHERE.
When I was in college 2 years back, I rented out a decent 2BHK flat at Rs.4K per month.
Currently most people I know here pay around 5K to 7K for a 1BHK.
A 1HK may be closer to 4K in most places.
Brokers would be able to get you a flat at above rates within 15 days, but you would be asked for 2 months rent as brokerage. You should try and haggle that down to 1 or 1.5 months instead.
Better still, most companies have internal forums where people post a lot of "Accomodation available" notices for which you won't have to pay any brokerage. So ask your colleagues and friends in other companies in Pune.