This week's book giveaways are in the AI and JavaScript forums.
We're giving away four copies each of GANs in Action and WebAssembly in Action and have the authors on-line!
See this thread and this one for details.
Win a copy of GANs in ActionE this week in the AI forum
or WebAssembly in Action in the JavaScript forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Paul Clapham
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Knute Snortum
Sheriffs:
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Tim Cooke
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Ron McLeod
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Joe Ess
  • salvin francis
  • fred rosenberger

salary in UK for 4.2 years java/j2ee exp

 
greenhorn
Posts: 213
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
i have 4.2 years exp in java/j2ee, currently working in india. how much i should expect in UK? location is not known yet but a general figure would really help.

thanks.
 
pooja jain
greenhorn
Posts: 213
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
btw, i am currently drawing around 10 LPA in india.
 
pooja jain
greenhorn
Posts: 213
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
i might get information from google but that might not be recent. guys here can tell me practical, and recent information.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 35
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Pooja,

For 4+ you may get around 30K-33 Pound PA. If you have any middle ware exp such as IBM WMB, etc..you may get more that 35K.

All the best

Ramesh
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 23
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Just to add on to the same question, how much should one expect in UK with 8 years of experience ?
 
pooja jain
greenhorn
Posts: 213
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
they offered me 1500 gbp (pound) per month net salary. no tax, no deduction in it. no fooding, lodging expenses.

i almost rejected the offer.

its like body shopping. they will appoint me in their india center on indian salary. then i will have to face client telephony interview. as soon as i clear any interview and client wants me they will send me on business visa. this 1500 is not salary, its sort of allowance which they will credit in world money card.

location can be anything depending upon client but salary will be fixed.

its kind of contract. i will have to keep getting contacts there.

i will have to relocate again and again.

bulshit.
 
Ramesh Srinivasan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 35
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by krish pan:
Just to add on to the same question, how much should one expect in UK with 8 years of experience ?



It is all depends on your skillset you posses. However, the in-line market would be 35-38K PA.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 73
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Pooja,

It sounds like you are coming thru an umbrella company...
Is my understanding correct.
 
pooja jain
greenhorn
Posts: 213
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Lok Manick:
Pooja,

It sounds like you are coming thru an umbrella company...
Is my understanding correct.



what is umbrella company?
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 282
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by pooja jain:
they offered me 1500 gbp (pound) per month net salary. no tax, no deduction in it. no fooding, lodging expenses.

i almost rejected the offer.

its like body shopping. they will appoint me in their india center on indian salary. then i will have to face client telephony interview. as soon as i clear any interview and client wants me they will send me on business visa. this 1500 is not salary, its sort of allowance which they will credit in world money card.

location can be anything depending upon client but salary will be fixed.

its kind of contract. i will have to keep getting contacts there.

i will have to relocate again and again.

bulshit.



Though it�s all life style dependent stuff, i think it would be difficult to survive here on a salary of GBP1500 per month. If you are thinking of an independent flat and ordering couple of pizzas every month - that might eat up most of that money.

lifestyle wise, 10LPA in India is close to atleast 30K PA in London. Things changes a bit if your current company is sending you here with regular Indian salary back home and this money is just an allowance while you stay here.
 
Lok Manick
Ranch Hand
Posts: 73
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
An Umbrella company is one which processes work permit to the guys and allow them to work for contracts for the other companies. And they process pay slip for the guys.
Umbrella companies employee guys in permanent basis as well, paying them fixed salary and finding them jobs from their clients.

I couldn't reply it yesterday as here it was bank holiday here.
 
Have you no shame? Have you no decency? Have you no tiny ad?
Java file APIs (DOC, XLS, PDF, and many more)
https://products.aspose.com/total/java
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!