Win a copy of Murach's Python Programming this week in the Jython/Python forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Looking for an easy to use and full UI pack  RSS feed

 
Jake Kas
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I'm looking for an UI library with most used controls, letting to customize it and give an app a modern look.
Looking now to LwVCL
Anybody can say anything about this pack? Or maybe recommend any other?
 
Scott Delap
author
Ranch Hand
Posts: 73
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jake,

Any reason why you haven't looked into using Swing? 90% of the controls you need are part of the standard toolkit. The other 10% can often be found available through open source. The look of the various components can be modified to be pretty much anything you want with some amount of work.

Scott Delap
ClientJava.com
Desktop Java Live
 
Jake Kas
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Swing is nice. The only matter I'm looking to LwVCL is that it has (like they state, at least) transparent support for J2SE and J2ME (as well as .NET, but actually I don't know why I may need it for). And they are free as well. Does it make any sense?

BTW there are also some packs looking like extensions to swing, alongside to lwvcl: Java: User Interface: Component packages. They are definitely not free. Just curious: why make commercial analogues if there is so much free stuff in this field?

But the initial focus of my question is, if here is anybody used lwVCL and any impressions? I'd like to make sure that it's worthy of my time before become too dependant of it
 
Jake Kas
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Any comments guys? I would very much appreciate any help/advices...
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!