• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Paul Clapham
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Knute Snortum
Sheriffs:
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Tim Cooke
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Ron McLeod
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Joe Ess
  • salvin francis
  • fred rosenberger

Murphys Law

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 389
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I am Sure there are many Crazy Fans of Murphy just waiting to make their own Laws.
Lets Start then . Heres the First One :
The distance to your departure gate is directly proportional to the weight of your carry on luggage and inversely proportional to the time remaining before your flight.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3141
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The driver of the second car at a stoplight is always the first to see the light change green.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 18944
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The amount of bait I brought is inversely proportional to how hungry the fish are.
 
Jane Griscti
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3141
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you don't buy Traveller's Insurance you'll get sick when you are out of the country; buy it and you won't suffer even a sneeze.
 
Badriprasad Bumbabol
Ranch Hand
Posts: 389
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Any time you put an item in a "safe place", it will never be seen again.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 290
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Out of site just means that no one but you will know where it is.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3244
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Cole's Law:
thinly sliced cabbage.
 
Badriprasad Bumbabol
Ranch Hand
Posts: 389
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If it looks easy, it's hard.
If it looks hard, it's impossible.
If it looks impossible, it's due tomorrow. At 8 AM
 
Joseph Russell
Ranch Hand
Posts: 290
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
 
Badriprasad Bumbabol
Ranch Hand
Posts: 389
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time.
The last 10% takes the other 90% of the time
 
Badriprasad Bumbabol
Ranch Hand
Posts: 389
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
There will always be beer cans rolling on the floor of your car when the boss asks for a ride home from the office.
 
Badriprasad Bumbabol
Ranch Hand
Posts: 389
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The greater the value of the rug, the greater the probability that the cat will throw up on it
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1012
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
these sound like personal experiences... especially the boss / beer can scenario.
 
Badriprasad Bumbabol
Ranch Hand
Posts: 389
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thats the Beauty of Murphys Laws. They are true experiences.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 316
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you decide to print out a web page, the last page to print will contain one or two lines of useless information. (Like an ad or a date.) That is, unless you decide to not print out the last page. In that case, you will need it, and be forced to print it out separately.
Paul R
[This message has been edited by Paul Ralph (edited June 05, 2001).]
 
They worship nothing. They say it's because nothing lasts forever. Like this tiny ad:
Sauce Labs - World's Largest Continuous Testing Cloud for Websites and Mobile Apps
https://coderanch.com/t/722574/Sauce-Labs-World-Largest-Continuous
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!