Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Changing the url in browser

 
Rafael Prado
Ranch Hand
Posts: 33
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
My links all point to a servlet. The location of this servlet stays forever in the browser despite the page actually being displayed.
Is there a way to change this so it always show the actual location?
Thanks in advance.
 
David O'Meara
Rancher
Posts: 13459
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm not sure i quite understand.
It sounds like an MVC pattern with a Front (ie single) controller?
If it isn't, try using response.sendRedirect( full_url )
If it is, what is the (approximate) url and what did you want to have displayed?
We tend to map Front Controllers to a virtual name so that it looks like a directory. ie instead of asking for /FrontServlet?action=ListAll we ask for /Virtual/ListAll, where the controller is mapped to /Virtual/*
If the problem is due to frames in your pages, you're screwed and this is one (of many) reasons I hate frames.
If this doesn't help at all, drop more information and we'll have another go.
Dave
 
Rafael Prado
Ranch Hand
Posts: 33
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm not sure i quite understand.
It sounds like an MVC pattern with a Front (ie single) controller?
If it isn't, try using response.sendRedirect( full_url )

I'm not sure about the MVC part, but I guess it is
I have 2 servlets that get the requests, throwing business stuff to java classes.

If it is, what is the (approximate) url and what did you want to have displayed?
We tend to map Front Controllers to a virtual name so that it looks like a directory. ie instead of asking for /FrontServlet?action=ListAll we ask for /Virtual/ListAll, where the controller is mapped to /Virtual/*

It shows http://localhost:8080/AgComunicador, where AgComunicador is the servlet.
This project (a component) is a experimental thing that will be used along with websites to add some features. I don't know what can be changed via DNS (who's got the task to change the url displayed: this component or the designer of the site).

If the problem is due to frames in your pages, you're screwed and this is one (of many) reasons I hate frames.

So far it hasn't been checked with frames.

If this doesn't help at all, drop more information and we'll have another go.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll work on it and post my findings later.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic