I have a Vector full of JavaBeans. Each bean uses the name of a film as a reference. I tried to remove one of my Beans that has 5 occurences due to a erro. I used the contains() method of the Vector class but it doesn't work too well.
If the Vector contains the JavaBeans, then contains() and remove() both want JavaBeans, not Strings, as arguments. If you need to look up the Beans by name, you should consider using a Map (HashMap, say) instead of a Vector.
This compiles, so I will give it a try. Thanks for your help. I am tryoing to write a program tailored to the needs of a film collector. I am learning the lanaguage at the same time. It is very mind boggling.