Originally posted by Jason Menard:
Well it seems like the holiday season is already on us. Anybody getting (or hoping to get) or giving anything good for the holiday of your choosing this year? What's the "in" toy for your kids this year? Is it all about video games?
- XBox rules! Why would you want to get yourself or your kid a PS2 when the XBox is clearly superior?
- Women are hard to shop for. This is of course self-evident and probably doesn't require further elaboration.
- Cats and Christmas Trees. Not always a good combination.
- Cats and freshly wrapped presents under a Christmas Tree. See above.
- After this year, the VCR will be officially dead for any purpose other than to record things off of TV. They're practically giving away DVD players this year. And if you paid attention to my earlier advice and gotten yourself a Tivo you wouldn't need that VCR for anything.
- Kitchen appliances, vacuum cleaners, and the like are not appropriate holiday gifts for your wife/girlfriend.
- What the hell is an "Auld Lang Syne"? Is that some kind of fifties-era General Motors vehicle or something?