• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Errors while building j2ee project. Help needed urgently.  RSS feed

 
prasad kulkarni
Ranch Hand
Posts: 66
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I was building a project using ant1.5;. Everthing was good. however form y'day , the same screipts started to give me following errors. there is no code change. However I installed some java based softwares(oracle utilities as sql loader & actuate). But after that, I put the my j2ee project related components in the path, classpath, java_home & ant_home at the begining.So that there is not any problem. I dont know what is wrong. I am using jdk1.4, which is sun jdk. Is there any clue? also the errors are related to string 7 stringbuffer class only. Please help urgently.

[javac] C:\MyProj\com\command\GetCommand.java:855: cannot resolve sym
bol

symbol : method split (java.lang.String)
location: class java.lang.String
String[] newLines = sourceStr.split(newLine);
^
symbol : method indexOf (java.lang.String)
location: class java.lang.StringBuffer
if (finalValue.indexOf(POINT) == -1) {
^

symbol : method indexOf (java.lang.String)
location: class java.lang.StringBuffer
finalValue.indexOf(POINT)+1,finalValueTmp.length());
^

[javac] location: class java.lang.String
[javac] String sqlQuery = sqlQuery.replaceAll("@CLIENT_OID_LIST@",cachedrowsetForMainBillingQuery.getString("CLIENT_OID"));
^

[javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
[javac] 4 errors
 
Jim Yingst
Wanderer
Sheriff
Posts: 18671
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The errors are all methods which were added in JDK 1.4. It looks like something on your system is now trying to use JDK 1.3 or earlier, and your code is still written for 1.4. I would check the system PATH and CLASSPATH variables to see if they have been modified to list JDK 1.3 (wherever you have it installed) before JDK 1.4. You might just uninstall and reinstall JDK 1.4; that has a good chance of fixing the problem.
 
prasad kulkarni
Ranch Hand
Posts: 66
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
echo %CLASSPATH%
C:\Msurety\bea8.1sp2\user_projects\domains\mydomain\clientclasses;C:\Msurety\externaljars;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;C:\MSurety\Sources

echo %PATH%
C:\MSurety\bea8.1sp2\jdk141_05\bin;.;C:\MWrap\java-src\ant\bin;C:\oracle\ora92\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Actuate\6.0\Actuate HTTP Service\JDK\bin;C:\MSurety\bea8.1sp2\jdk141_05;\bin;.;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\PROGRAM FILES\THINKPAD\UTILITIES;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\;C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\shared;C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\emulator;C:\Program Files\Rational\common;C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearCase\bin;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\WinSCP3\;C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\;C:\Msurety\ant\bin;

echo %JAVA_HOME%
C:\MSurety\bea8.1sp2\jdk141_05;

echo %ANT_HOME%
C:\Msurety\ant
 
prasad kulkarni
Ranch Hand
Posts: 66
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thankx Jim Yingst , I got the solution.
Thankx very much. There is one entry in the path c:/...ant/bin, which was causing the problem. I removed that & everthing is good now.
 
With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!