• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Thinking in Java Exercise Solutions  RSS feed

 
Charsi
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Where can I find the solutions to the exercises for Bruce Eckel's Thinking in Java 2nd Edition, hopefully without paying???
 
Frank Carver
Sheriff
Posts: 6920
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
"Charsi",
The Java Ranch has thousands of visitors every week, many with surprisingly similar names. To avoid confusion we have a naming convention, described at http://www.javaranch.com/name.jsp . We require names to have at least two words, separated by a space, and strongly recommend that you use your full real name. Please log in with a new name which meets the requirements.
Thanks.
 
Cindy Glass
"The Hood"
Sheriff
Posts: 8521
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
at http://bruceeckel.com/
under:
Annotated Solutions Guide for Thinking in Java, 2nd edition
The WHOLE THING is free. I love this guys approach so much that I actually went out and bought the book just to support his open approach. Of course it helped that I could read enough of the book online that I knew it was well written
[This message has been edited by Cindy Glass (edited March 23, 2001).]
 
Charsi Khan
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Could only find the answers to two chapters...
 
Frank Carver
Sheriff
Posts: 6920
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks for choosing a new name, Charsi. We really do appreciate it.
 
Cindy Glass
"The Hood"
Sheriff
Posts: 8521
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thinking in Java is the only book that I know that is online. Hoever there are alot of free mock exams out there that have answers and explainations. Try those.
 
Joseph Russell
Ranch Hand
Posts: 290
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hey if your interested a group of us are studying Bruce Eckels book together online. Currently our schedule is to read and discuss one chapter one week and then do & discuss the chapter's excercises the next week. We also post our solutions to get more out of what were learning.
Here is the URL ---> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JavaThink
Currently were doing the Ch2 exercises and will begin Ch3 Monday April 2nd.
Anyone is welcome to join.
Joe
 
Mindy Wu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 121
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Cindy Glass:
Thinking in Java is the only book that I know that is online. Hoever there are alot of free mock exams out there that have answers and explainations. Try those.

Hi Cindy, can you tell me the URL of the Thinking in Java?
Thanks!
 
Joseph Russell
Ranch Hand
Posts: 290
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
www.bruceeckel.com
 
Swati Bhatia
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks a lot for the info..
 
Charsi Khan
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks Joseph... I think I'll join.....
 
Fergus Flanagan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 43
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Joseph Russell wrote:Hey if your interested a group of us are studying Bruce Eckels book together online. Currently our schedule is to read and discuss one chapter one week and then do & discuss the chapter's excercises the next week. We also post our solutions to get more out of what were learning.
Here is the URL ---> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JavaThink
Currently were doing the Ch2 exercises and will begin Ch3 Monday April 2nd.
Anyone is welcome to join.
Joe


Am I too late to join? 
 
Junilu Lacar
Sheriff
Posts: 11494
180
Android Debian Eclipse IDE IntelliJ IDE Java Linux Mac Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fergus Flanagan wrote:
Am I too late to join? 

Considering that this thread is from 15 years ago and that Yahoo group no longer appears to exist, I would think that, yes, you are a little late to that party.

On the bright side, there are a lot of people around here who are happy to help.
 
Campbell Ritchie
Marshal
Posts: 56600
172
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
You will also find that the 2nd edition of Bruce Eckels's book is now horribly out of date. The most recent edition is the 4th, which covers the new features of Java5. Probably still worth reading, though.
 
Fergus Flanagan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 43
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Junilu Lacar wrote:
Fergus Flanagan wrote:
Am I too late to join? 

Considering that this thread is from 15 years ago and that Yahoo group no longer appears to exist, I would think that, yes, you are a little late to that party.

On the bright side, there are a lot of people around here who are happy to help.


I guess better late than never just isn't always true 

Hell when I saw this post earlier on today I was really curious to see if that group existed. I wonder how successful it ended up being.
 
Fergus Flanagan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 43
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Campbell Ritchie wrote:You will also find that the 2nd edition of Bruce Eckels's book is now horribly out of date. The most recent edition is the 4th, which covers the new features of Java5. Probably still worth reading, though.


Yes have downloaded it and may go through it. Pity Bruce didn't keep updating it as it was so successful.
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!