• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Corrupt Unicode Characters  RSS feed

 
John Thomass
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm trying to internationalize my program, but I'm having some problems. The characters aren't being displayed correctly. This happens with all languages with unicode characters, not just Czech. I've tried typing the unicode characters directly into the .properties file:

I've also tried using the native2ascii program to produce this:

But whenever I run the program, I just get corrupt characters:

This is the code I'm using to create get and set the language strings:

The dodgy text appears in both the console and on the JTextPane, and all of the menus and buttons in the application.
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!