• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Tim Cooke
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Bear Bibeault
Sheriffs:
  • Knute Snortum
  • paul wheaton
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Ron McLeod
  • Piet Souris
  • Ganesh Patekar
Bartenders:
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • salvin francis

New James Bond

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 985
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
British actor Daniel Craig picked as new James Bond!

Clive Owen could have been a good James Bond.
 
Trailboss
Posts: 22997
IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Why is Brosnan no longer bond?
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1066
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/brosnan%20back%20as%20bond

I think Pierce Brosnan might be a better Bond than the unknowns Daniel Craig or Clive Owen. I hope Pierce comes back! :roll:
 
Bartender
Posts: 1035
18
Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE Oracle Spring VI Editor Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bring back Sean Connery, he was the real deal. Never happen mind. Roger Moore was ok, but they have never really found anyone as good as Sean.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 41
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I thought Jude Law or Hugh Jackman were the front-runners! I just hope that the new actor does not turn out to be a Timothy Dalton
 
Jesse Torres
Ranch Hand
Posts: 985
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Ganapathi Srinivasan:
I thought Jude Law or Hugh Jackman were the front-runners! I just hope that the new actor does not turn out to be a Timothy Dalton



Hugh Jackman (X-men) and Eric Bana (The Hulk) both turned down the James Bond role. Accepting the role means accepting a ten year commmitment. That's probably why big name actors are staying away from the Bond Franchise.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 624
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hugh Jackman just wouldnt be right....

..Lets be realistic here 007 *must* be British, an Aussie in the role is just all wrong...

and while we're on the subject of Hugh - What kind of parent names their kid "Hugh" when their lastname begins with a J??? Did they think it was funny that his name is always pronounced "Huge 'Ackman" ??
 
Wanderer
Posts: 18671
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Yo Adrian:

..Lets be realistic here 007 *must* be British,

You don't think the Irishman who's performed the role in the last four movies has done a decent job?

an Aussie in the role is just all wrong...

I thought Lazenby did a pretty good job for someone with no real acting experience. Though I'm in no position to judge how convincing his accent may have been. I think the movie he starred in was one of the best in the series, however.
 
Jesse Torres
Ranch Hand
Posts: 985
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Adrian Wallace:
Hugh Jackman just wouldnt be right....

..Lets be realistic here 007 *must* be British, an Aussie in the role is just all wrong...

and while we're on the subject of Hugh - What kind of parent names their kid "Hugh" when their lastname begins with a J??? Did they think it was funny that his name is always pronounced "Huge 'Ackman" ??



Clive Owen would make a great James Bond.

Comments???
[ April 09, 2005: Message edited by: Jesse Torres ]
 
Jesse Torres
Ranch Hand
Posts: 985
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Jim Yingst:
Yo Adrian:

..Lets be realistic here 007 *must* be British,

You don't think the Irishman who's performed the role in the last four movies has done a decent job?

an Aussie in the role is just all wrong...

I thought Lazenby did a pretty good job for someone with no real acting experience. Though I'm in no position to judge how convincing his accent may have been. I think the movie he starred in was one of the best in the series, however.




Pierce Brosnan, in my opinion, has been an exceptional James Bond. Furthermore, it appears that Brosnan may after all reprise his spy role.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 904
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator


Jesse T.
Clive Owen would make a great James Bond.

Comments???



There's not much to say. I agree - he would, in my book, be a better choice
than "what's his name". On the subject of Clive Owen; I think he was was great in, among others, Closer
as Dr. Larry.

/Svend
[ April 09, 2005: Message edited by: Svend Rost ]
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 134
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Has brosnan really lost his job as 007?

Not really, according to this link
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1408
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
We don't need any new James Bond movies; the old ones of Sean Connery are good enough.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 311
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
he can afford all the 007 in the world.

 
Get out of my mind! Look! A tiny ad!
Java file APIs (DOC, XLS, PDF, and many more)
https://products.aspose.com/total/java
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!