• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

MalformedURLException

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 64
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi David,

I tried some EJB3 applications using NetBeans 6 and GlassFish V2. jdk 1.6 was initially being installed to support NetBeans. On one of the machines when I tried to run the programs those were throwing a MalformedURLException. But when I tried the same project on different machines no Exception was thrown, which implied that the problem was not with the source code.
I tried providing the absolute path but still the problem was there.

But when I installed jdk 1.5 and then installed NetBeans 6, and tried to run the same project the Exception was not thrown and the program was running fine.

Do you have any idea of why this happened?
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 198
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you can show the code then it would be easier for anyone to comment.
 
Anuradha Karunamuni
Ranch Hand
Posts: 64
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
This is what I got when trying to build the project.

java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: /ListNews
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:567)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
at org.netbeans.modules.ant.browsetask.NbBrowse.execute(NbBrowse.java:75)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor208.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
at org.apache.tools.ant.module.bridge.impl.BridgeImpl.run(BridgeImpl.java:277)
at org.apache.tools.ant.module.run.TargetExecutor.run(TargetExecutor.java:460)
at org.netbeans.core.execution.RunClassThread.run(RunClassThread.java:151)
BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)


I don't think it has anything to do with the source code because I managed to run it without any failure in several other machines.
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic