• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Run JSP in ecllipse

 
P Kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,


I have some problem in running JSP in Ecllipse.

I have created one Dynamic Web Project in the ecllipse.
Then created one sample JSP file.
When I tried to run it on the server 'one blank notepad opens and one notepad message box with message volume or label syntax is wrong'.


Do I need to add any plugin in ecllipse or it is server related??
 
Amit Ghorpade
Bartender
Posts: 2854
10
Fedora Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Welcome to Javaranch P Kulkarni
This question is more relevant to the Eclipse IDE than JSP.
Please choose an appropriate forum for your questions.Asking questions in an unrelated forum yields fewer and less useful response. Read this for more information.
 
P Kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Amit Ghorpade:
Welcome to Javaranch P Kulkarni
This question is more relevant to the Eclipse IDE than JSP.
Please choose an appropriate forum for your questions.Asking questions in an unrelated forum yields fewer and less useful response. Read this for more information.


Thanks for the information ! I will take care from next time.
 
Peter Johnson
author
Bartender
Posts: 5852
7
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by P Kulkarni:
When I tried to run it on the server 'one blank notepad opens and one notepad message box with message volume or label syntax is wrong'


I am sorry, but I do not understand this statement.

If you create a web project and a server within Eclipse, link the project to the server, and start the server within Eclipse, then Eclipse should properly deploy the application to the server.
 
P Kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Peter Johnson:


I am sorry, but I do not understand this statement.

If you create a web project and a server within Eclipse, link the project to the server, and start the server within Eclipse, then Eclipse should properly deploy the application to the server.


yeah! Its working properlyt now...
 
Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic