• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Rob Spoor
  • Tim Cooke
  • Junilu Lacar
Sheriffs:
  • Henry Wong
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Saloon Keepers:
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Al Hobbs
  • Mikalai Zaikin
  • Piet Souris

javaBeans

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

I have been studying to SCJP certification and I have a doubit.

There is a question in a book ...

Which names of methods do obey the pattern JavaBeans?
a) add
b) getcust
c) deleteRep
d) isColorado
e) putDimensions

I choose only letter d. But, in the book is correct letters b and d .

I think is wrong, because the letter b doesn't obey the role camelCase.

Am I wrong?! :P

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 952
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I think you are right.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1032
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Alessandra,

What version of the book do you have? Is it the SCJP 6 Study Guide? Because my copy, at page 79, lists getCust with correct camelCase formatting. Maybe it is a previous printing that you have?

Welcome to JavaRanch, by the way!
 
Ale Lima
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
:lol: thanks for all the answers!

So, I am reading the book SCJP 5 Study Guide in Portuguese but I will do the test cx-310-065 in English.
I think the problem is the translation.

I hope you can understand my English ops:

Ale
 
Ruben Soto
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1032
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Alessandra,

Translations can sometimes have errors, sorry about that. If you have any questions about any other possible issues just ask in the forum and we can confirm whether it's in the original English edition.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 32
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Ruben Soto wrote:Alessandra,

Translations can sometimes have errors, sorry about that. If you have any questions about any other possible issues just ask in the forum and we can confirm whether it's in the original English edition.



You are right Ruben, surely it is a translation issue.

Alessandra Lima wrote:
So, I am reading the book SCJP 5 Study Guide in Portuguese but I will do the test cx-310-065 in English.
I think the problem is the translation.



Alessandra, I think you are from Brazil ;).
I read all the book in English, and the language is very simple to understand, it would be a good idea for you..

<><
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
just to confirm, camelCase is required to valid a javaBean ?

i from brazil to, and i understand that is a transalte problem still at version 6.0

but i wanna just confirm if camelCase is required or not, to valid a JavaBean, or if is just Recommended not Required...

sorry for my inglish
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 213
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Tomaz Lavieri wrote:
but i wanna just confirm if camelCase is required or not, to valid a JavaBean, or if is just Recommended not Required...
sorry for my inglish


Yes, its required(not just recommended).....for javabean conventions
And don't be sorry for your english, be sorry if you answer any question wrong more than once.......
Welcome to JavaRanch!!!
 
Tomaz Lavieri
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Sachin Adat wrote:

Tomaz Lavieri wrote:
but i wanna just confirm if camelCase is required or not, to valid a JavaBean, or if is just Recommended not Required...
sorry for my inglish


Yes, its required(not just recommended).....for javabean conventions
And don't be sorry for your english, be sorry if you answer any question wrong more than once.......
Welcome to JavaRanch!!!



thanks for your quickly answer \o/
 
With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic