• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Rob Spoor
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Tim Cooke
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Piet Souris
Bartenders:
  • Frits Walraven
  • Himai Minh

Rang De Basanti(Hindi Movie)

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Please somebody post their opinion about this much anticipated hindi film.

I am a big fan of Aamir Khan & hoping this turns out good(compared to Mangal Pandey, his previous venture)
 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Any body there who already watched this movie.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2596
Android Firefox Browser Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I saw it today...awesome man!!!
It has its flaws...but lots of pluses...and definitely a "do not miss" movie!!

- Manish
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5397
1
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
In one sentence, "Its different".

Worth watching movie.

There was a movie "Shiva", starring Nagarujun. But I would talk about that later, becasue that was also very inspiring movie.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 418
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Great movie! Patriotic concept wrapped in a complete different, colorful, joshila wrapper!! Just go and watch it� don�t miss it!!!
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 8944
Firefox Browser Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I will not watch this movies.thanks a lot.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 87
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Rang De basanti.. is a amazing movie.
I cant personally think of any drawback for this movie, the only thing
that kinda troubled me was the solution to the problem they projected
in the movie. From the movies point of view, its perfect, but is it the
only solution?
 
R K Singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5397
1
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Thara Visveswaran:
From the movies point of view, its perfect, but is it the
only solution?



I dont think director wanted to give perfect solution.

He was trying to say that if you want to see change around you then you should do something instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you.

I get the message that you should have that Junoon to change the system or whatever in you believe.
If you have that zeal in you then only you can pick a gun or go for Satyagraha.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by R K Singh:

He was trying to say that if you want to see change around you then you should do something instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you.



Be the change that you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 389
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I agree with R K Singh when he says that their solution might not be the best one but then you are entirely missing the point.

As in life,taking a decision and sticking to it(even though in retrospection it might seem wrong) , is much better than just sitting around and waiting for someone else to make some decision and implement it.

I wasnt a big Aamir Khan fan (I am in the SRK camp) but after Lagaan , DCH and RDB , I have been converted. One of the things which made me change my mind is that he makes sacrifices in his own role for the bigger good of the movie - For example in the climax, he lets the other guy(Karan?) make the entire radio speech while he just stays outside with the other chaps - and it works out quite well. If it was SRK, I have no doubt, he would have forced the director to do both(multi-tasking between the radio broadcast and giving motivation to the other chaps).

Great Work by the Director and Aamir. The Brit babe and the other gang members have delivered a solid performance(does anyone know their names and what they did before RDB,if anything? I remember seeing one guy before but others were new to me). Soha rocks too but Madhavan is disappointing - Someone else could have made the character more interesting. Any suggestions ?

Tintin
[ February 01, 2006: Message edited by: Tintin Herge ]
 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Tintin Herge:


does anyone know their names and what they did before RDB,if anything? I remember seeing one guy before but others were new to me)
Tintin

[ February 01, 2006: Message edited by: Tintin Herge ]



There is one guy Sidharth, he is famous in telugu & tamil industries.
 
Manish Hatwalne
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2596
Android Firefox Browser Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thsi site has bio for all characters, I almost knew everybody except Siddharth. Sharman Joshi is an excellent actor, though lesser known and is famous only for his comic roles.

http://www.rangdebasanti.net/

- Manish
[ February 01, 2006: Message edited by: Manish Hatwalne ]
 
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sharman Joshi is a son of famous Gujju actor Arvind Triwedi who played the role of Ravana in Ramayana.
 
Manish Hatwalne
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2596
Android Firefox Browser Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:
Sharman Joshi is a son of famous Gujju actor Arvind Triwedi who played the role of Ravana in Ramayana.



Are you sure? I mean "Sharman Joshi" and "Arvind Trivedi"??? Shouldn't they have same surname?

- Manish
 
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Manish Hatwalne:


Are you sure? I mean "Sharman Joshi" and "Arvind Trivedi"??? Shouldn't they have same surname?

- Manish



Ya it�s true.

Sometime it is possible to have different lastname for son and father � I don�t know why.

More is that Sharman married to the daughter of Prem Chopra.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3851
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
That paathshala scene was rocking... A R Rahman is simply great...
 
Badriprasad Bumbabol
Ranch Hand
Posts: 389
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:


More is that Sharman married to the daughter of Prem Chopra.



You are a movie encyclopedia,man.

But yes, first time I have heard Dad and son not having the same second name , though nothing shocks me anymore these days.
 
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Tintin Herge:

You are a movie encyclopedia,man.



It�s not like that.

Actually yesterday I borrowed a Gujarati Mid Day in the train from someone. And I read all this garbage in that.
 
Badriprasad Bumbabol
Ranch Hand
Posts: 389
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:


Actually yesterday I borrowed a Gujarati Mid Day in the train from someone. And I read all this garbage in that.



Only in India can you do this - Borrow a Newspaper. Here in the London underground trains people stare at you even if you try reading from their copy of the newspaper.
 
R K Singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5397
1
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Tintin Herge:
Only in India can you do this - Borrow a Newspaper. Here in the London underground trains people stare at you even if you try reading from their copy of the newspaper.



And I am sure Chetan even not bothered to ask that person's name
 
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Tintin Herge:


Only in India can you do this - Borrow a Newspaper. Here in the London underground trains people stare at you even if you try reading from their copy of the newspaper.



It's happens only in India!!!
 
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by R K Singh:


And I am sure Chetan even not bothered to ask that person's name



Someone said na, what is there in the name?
 
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3851
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Tintin Herge:


Only in India can you do this - Borrow a Newspaper. Here in the London underground trains people stare at you even if you try reading from their copy of the newspaper.





 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1871
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Manish Hatwalne:
I saw it today...awesome man!!!
It has its flaws...but lots of pluses...and definitely a "do not miss" movie!!

- Manish



Wonderfull movie saw it yesterday. That pathshala scene reminded college days.
 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Saw it over the weekend.

The crowds are stupendous for a 2nd week movie(almost similar to 1st week crowds for SRK or some Amitabh biggies).

I liked the movie. I loved the depiction and placement of songs in the movie(not many folks pointed this out). Every one acted their best. I will give a 9/10.
 
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Why the name : Rang De Basanti

Actually, I asked the same question to Aamir when he met me on airport lounge one day. What he told was pretty interesting..

In there crew was a person called Gnar (Russian Artist). He was a giant of 8'2" in height and 130 kilos of weight. He was in the role of villain in the movie.

The producer of the movie was asked by some pundit to name his film after 11 days of shooting is completed. On 11th day of shoot, all crew had a heated discussion and argument on what should be the name of the movie. They decide to put chits and all stuff, but nobody agreed to one name. At that time Gnar was not feeling well and he was sleeping in his camp tomb (It was an outdoor shoot on the mountains). The pundit was on sets and he suggested that the crew will visit Gnar and whatever will be first word(s) every person will speak after entering his camp - will be the name of movie. If more than one choice then the the word(s) mostly spoken will be selected. And that will be the last chance of titling the movie.

Scene -2. All of the crew people walking towards GNAR's tent and opens the veil and ... All of them were surprised... Gnar twirling and trying to sleep on a 4 feet long bed. Everyone was shocked and in unison they shouted "ITNA SA BED GNAR"..... silence...long silence.... It was said.. and by all.. They had to keep this name of the movie..

But the producer and Director were very upset over the kind of name finalized. They lost all enthusiasm and even thought of dumping the project...Then came the advice from the great GNAR... The advice which was accepted by the producer with most happiness... He Said, "Why don't you reverse the title text....

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 311
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:
Why the name : Rang De Basanti

Actually, I asked the same question to Aamir when he met me on airport lounge one day. What he told was pretty interesting..

In there crew was a person called Gnar (Russian Artist). He was a giant of 8'2" in height and 130 kilos of weight. He was in the role of villain in the movie.

The producer of the movie was asked by some pundit to name his film after 11 days of shooting is completed. On 11th day of shoot, all crew had a heated discussion and argument on what should be the name of the movie. They decide to put chits and all stuff, but nobody agreed to one name. At that time Gnar was not feeling well and he was sleeping in his camp tomb (It was an outdoor shoot on the mountains). The pundit was on sets and he suggested that the crew will visit Gnar and whatever will be first word(s) every person will speak after entering his camp - will be the name of movie. If more than one choice then the the word(s) mostly spoken will be selected. And that will be the last chance of titling the movie.

Scene -2. All of the crew people walking towards GNAR's tent and opens the veil and ... All of them were surprised... Gnar twirling and trying to sleep on a 4 feet long bed. Everyone was shocked and in unison they shouted "ITNA SA BED GNAR"..... silence...long silence.... It was said.. and by all.. They had to keep this name of the movie..

But the producer and Director were very upset over the kind of name finalized. They lost all enthusiasm and even thought of dumping the project...Then came the advice from the great GNAR... The advice which was accepted by the producer with most happiness... He Said, "Why don't you reverse the title text....







- Ramy..
 
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic