I am trying to migrate my Enterprise Application running on JBoss 4.0GA Java 1.4 to Jboss 5.0GA with Java 1.5,
I do have many libraries in the class path without which my Application will not work as expected. And when i tried the same classpath setting as JBoss4.0GA in 5.0GA. its not deploying the application throwing lot of errors. and then i realized to remove all the classpath variable and tried it successfully deployed ear though application is not getting logged as it does not supported libraries in path.
If I put the jar files required at run time, its failing with javax/ejb/SessionBean class not found exception and does not used to process further.
i was trying to find the implementation classes from the server for ejb and servlet, i didnt find it. later from documentation or some where in the web i found that jboss uses internal implementation of these which were not available as jar something.
Sometimes while deploying the ear file i used to get the local not bound error, and sometimes if i put the ojdbc14.jar file in the classpath which i need at the time of log in, server hags up and not doing anything, if i check it up on the java.exe process its eating most of RAM and system is going in to damn slow. and i have replaced the latest ojdbc14.jar from oracle site still the same problem.
Adding to this some times everything got worked fine and deployed when i tried to access the resource in my application, when its trying to access the ejb using casting the remote proxy, i am getting
Adding to this some times while deploying ear file in the middle of deployment, server log keeps logging this message
and server hangs up and not able to finish this thread and eating up complete system RAM, finally nothing brings up and to get rid of this we would need to kill the process.
2009-01-12 20:27:27,216 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLogger] (Thread-13) Periodic recovery - first pass <Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:27:27>
2009-01-12 20:27:27,216 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLogger] (Thread-13) StatusModule: first pass
2009-01-12 20:27:27,216 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.txoj.logging.txojLoggerI18N] (Thread-13) [com.arjuna.ats.internal.txoj.recovery.TORecoveryModule_3] - TORecoveryModule - first pass
2009-01-12 20:27:27,216 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] (Thread-13) [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.info.firstpass] Local XARecoveryModule - first pass
2009-01-12 20:27:37,207 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLogger] (Thread-13) Periodic recovery - second pass <Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:27:37>
2009-01-12 20:27:37,207 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLogger] (Thread-13) AtomicActionRecoveryModule: Second pass
2009-01-12 20:27:37,207 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.txoj.logging.txojLoggerI18N] (Thread-13) [com.arjuna.ats.internal.txoj.recovery.TORecoveryModule_6] - TORecoveryModule - second pass
2009-01-12 20:27:37,207 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] (Thread-13) [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.info.secondpass] Local XARecoveryModule - second pass
2009-01-12 20:29:36,938 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLogger] (Thread-13) Periodic recovery - first pass <Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:29:36>
2009-01-12 20:29:36,938 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLogger] (Thread-13) StatusModule: first pass
Can any one address what would be the possible reason behind these scenarios ?
Regarding the arjuna log messages - those are normal. The arjuna recovery thread wakes up about every two minutes and looks to see if anything needs to be recovered. If you don't like having those messages logged, you can add a category to the jboss-log4j.xml file to change the logging level. (I agree they are a nuisance - I turn them off also.)
Regarding the class cast exception, we need more information. EJB2.x or EJB3? Post the code that gets the exception. Post the JNDIView list. If EJB3, post the interface and class declarations along with their annotations.
Beware of relying on wiki pages for your information - many of them are very outdated, such as the one you quoted, and rarely does anyone go back and update them when things change. There are two binary downloads for JBoss AS 5.0.0.GA and 4.2.3.GA, one for JDK 5, the other for JDK 6. The other 4.2.x versions require JDK 5 - they are not qualified with JDK 6.
Regarding the namenotfound exception, you can look at the JNDIView list to see what is registered and from there correct the name you are looking up. Also, where does the code looking up the name reside, in a stand-alone client or in a web application. If in a web application, double check the web.xml and jboss-web.xml file to ensure the name mappings are correct.
I suspect that the problem has something to do with how EJB3 beans are named - they have '/local' or '/remote' tacked on to the end of their names. Perhaps the app server is doing the same for EJB2.x. Try this: add the following entry to jboss-web.xml (you might have to play with it a little bit, the code is based on an example I have lying around but the names might need to be tweaked to get it to work for you)
If this fixes the problem for one of the beans, then do it for all the beans. In addition, you should post your question in the JBossAS5 forum. This might be a bug they need to fix and posting it there will get the developers' attention.