Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

need guidance

 
Nikita Sharda
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi friends ,

i have some questions. i have started my preparations for SCJP 5. have purchased the K&B book.
firstly i want to know whether the book i purchased is right or not. i mean its coverpage is of blue color and no pic of any man.
i have doubt as i saw different coverpage on online books shopping. its of red color.

secondly i have studied java in my engineering syllabus. and right now doing job in java field but in that am involved in struts and hibernate and jsp. so have lost the touch with core java programming. ao am i supposed to refer some other book before K&B
and also the full scorers on this site have reeffer khalid mughal's book. i just want to know that which version of khalid they reffered for SCJP 5.

Am on my initials so expecting support from ranchers. i posted before also but no replies. i hope this time i am not disappointed.

Congratulations to all thr ranchers who cleared the exam . all the best in future.

thanks in advance
NIKITA SHARDA
 
Sagar Rohankar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2907
1
Java Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Nikita Sharda wrote:hi friends ,

i have some questions. i have started my preparations for SCJP 5. have purchased the K&B book.
firstly i want to know whether the book i purchased is right or not. i mean its coverpage is of blue color and no pic of any man.
i have doubt as i saw different coverpage on online books shopping. its of red color.


Usually K&B book is in a blue color (Mine was in blue color, with no pic any man/woman ) cover page. The one you saw might be the international edition and not for Indian sub continent.

Nikita Sharda wrote:
secondly i have studied java in my engineering syllabus. and right now doing job in java field but in that am involved in struts and hibernate and jsp. so have lost the touch with core java programming. ao am i supposed to refer some other book before K&B
and also the full scorers on this site have reeffer khalid mughal's book. i just want to know that which version of khalid they reffered for SCJP 5.


I didn't refer Khalid Mughal and not a SCJPian, still I want to say that K&B is best, its book with humor and explained in simple language.

Nikita Sharda wrote:
Am on my initials so expecting support from ranchers. i posted before also but no replies. i hope this time i am not disappointed.


To get the best replies, Have a look at HowToAskQuestionsOnJavaRanch.

And Best Luck !!
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic