Yesterday I passed the SCJP 1.5 exam with 98%. A big thanks to all the ranchers. We have a great community out here.
Special thanks to Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates for writing this awesome book.
I would like to share a few tips on studying for the SCJP. Will be glad if its of any help to somebody.
1. First read the K&B book thoroughly. During this pass make free use of highlighters and pencils. Stick to a schedule and follow it. May take quite a bit of your time but do it patiently.
2. The second time you read the book make notes of all important concepts and APIs you dont remember outright. Having notes in your own words makes things stick to your brain.
3. The third time and there after read only the two minute drills and your notes. You will get a feel of having read the complete book again every time you do this exercise. It helps in boosting your confidence.
4. Now within available time do as many mock tests and practice questions as you can do.
5. For any doubts during the study, look up the forums on java ranch. I could find a question already posted for each of my doubts. Unless already available, you can post a new question. There are some nice people out here to help you out.
6. Last but not the least..have faith.