Second I've put the JAR-File applet1.jar in the directory SOMEWHERE\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\ROOT
If I now open the page http://localhost:8080/ with my Firefox 3-Browser, I see the Tomcat-Root-Page containing my correctly rendered applet.
If I open the page http://localhost:8080/ with my IE-7-Browser, the applet won't be rendered, the IE just stops rendering the HTML, when the <applet>-tag is reached.
The security-settings in the IE are:
- Java-Plugin-installed and activated
- popupblocker deactivated
- http://localhost is a trusted site
- security for trusted sites is set to very low
- scripting of java-applets activated
- use Java-Sun JRE for <applet>
To sum it up, I've set the security as low, as it can get, but still the applet won't start.
So where's my error? What's the difference between displaying the mere-HTML-file vs. the Tomcat-startpage?
Why does the Applet showup in Firefox, why does it not showup in IE?