GOD: Who is source of all Knowledge and Virtues (Believe it or not)
Kathy Sierra & Bert Bates: For writing wonderful book for SCJP. It helped me in both SCJP and SCJD. The section for SCJD in this book is small but very valuable. The insight you people have provided by asking important questions is awesome. The light humour is also part of the book and keeps the reader from getting bored and de-motivated.
Ranches: After getting guidance from the above mentioned book, My practical problems were solved by Ranches. I found answer to almost all the uncertainties in assignment requirements here.
General Consideration: 100/100
Data Store: 40/40
Network Server: 40/40
Why I might have lost marks in GUI: (Some afterthoughts)
1. My GUI Window could not be resized below certain size, I put this constraint because the components totally lost their coordination below certain size, Because of time shortage I just made a quick fix and set the minimum size.
2. After typing in the search criteria the user had to click search button, Search didn't work with enter key, I kept postponing it and finally missed it.
3. When user-supplied keyword(s) did not produce any search results, JTable was cleared(old search results lost) :- In this case I guess there was nothing wrong with my choice BUT I did not explain it in my choices.txt.
1. Try to have a project plan and check lists especially for final packaging - don't miss the RMI Stubs though you might pass without them.
2. Spend lot of time on designing/coding locking mechanism and testing it.
3. Keep things simple, it won't hurt the marks
4. I have read on this forum that assigning file header values to constants can fetch you full marks, But I read it after I had implemented dynamic file header reading, Which took lot of my time. It also added to complexity of my project. Keeping header values as constants can easily be justified in choices.txt.
5. Prepare for your essay exam carefully, Though you know everything but how you put it in writing makes lot of difference. As far as I understood it, Essay should be written from the angle that it is the first point for the examiner to start understanding your assignment and your coding style. If you give him/her clear picture through your essay(concise and clear) you will definitely favour your score.
I will be happy to answer any specific questions.
Thanks once again..!
Best of luck to all who are working on thier assignments and those who have submitted them and are waiting for results.