We're pleased to release version 3.0 of SoftSlate Commerce, a powerful and highly flexible shopping cart application written purely in Java and JSP. The focus of this major upgrade has been on revamping the application's web-based Administrator. Numerous new tools make the Administrator easier than ever to manage a store's product catalog, orders, customers, and other configurations.
We have been continously improving SoftSlate Commerce based on feedback
from our clients since we released version 1.0 in 2004. SoftSlate Commerce already has a powerful feature set including integrations with UPS, USPS, and several leading payment gateways; real-time inventory tracking; and a full suite of discounting and merchansing features. A Free Edition is available for stores selling 100 products or less. The Standard Edition has no restrictions of any kind and also includes the complete source code, for just $495.
For a complete list of new features visit http://www.softslate.com/whatsNew.html. Among the new features of 3.0 include:
- Bulk order management features including printing invoices and packing lists and marking order statuses
- Abandoned carts - viewing and working with incomplete orders
- Cloning Products and their Attributes
- New sales reports
- An integrated "Contact Us" form
- Google Analytics integration
- Inventory imports and exports
- Drop shipping features
- Estimated shipping costs displayed on the cart page
- Several new merchandising features, including:
- Upselling on the cart page
- Get x number of y items free discounts
- Buy x, get discount
- Strike-through pricing for discounted products
- Numerous new display settings for controlling the customer experience
About SoftSlate Commerce:
SoftSlate Commerce is a powerful and highly flexible shopping cart program written purely in Java and JSP. A Free Edition of SoftSlate Commerce is available for stores selling 100 products or less. The Standard Edition has no restrictions of any kind and also includes the complete source code for the application for just $495.
In addition to selling licenses, SoftSlate offers a full range of support and custom development services for SoftSlate Commerce. The Standard Edition license includes the full source code for the application, and many clients choose to take the code and run with it, to create their own unique ecommerce solution. In other cases, allowing SoftSlate to handle all or part of a project can can be extremely valuable.