What happens now.. When Oracle has bought SUN Microsystems....
posted 7 years ago
In a surprising move, Oracle buys Sun.
This has raised a lot of concerns. . .
Can any knowledgable person in the forum shed some light on my following concerns..
1. What happens to the next version of Java?
2. What happens to the openness of the great programming language of Java?
3. Will we (the open community of Java) continue to live like the way we are living?
4. Will Oracle put a tab on the open ness of Java and we will come under the clutches of Oracle business strategy?
5. What happens to developer community of Android who live with Java and Google?
6. Will we be forced to do what Oracle wants us to do with Java?
7. Will we continue to love Java the way we do now?
8. Will oracle leave Java and let it evolve in the way it has been evolving?
9. Will the companies who are living with Java have to become Oracle partners?
My God... there so many things in mind... about the future of Java....