Win a copy of Functional Reactive Programming this week in the Other Languages forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Just Hilarious !!!!

 
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Once a man went to a Veterinary (Animal) Doctor and said: Doctor I came on vacation so that I can get treatment.

Doctor: I think you should go to the Doctor opposite to my clinic.

Man: No, I am coming to you. You should not have any problem treating me.

Doctor: But, I am a Veterinary Doctor. I am an animal specialist.

Man: I know, but I want you to treat me.

Doctor: I cannot, because you speak like me and think like me which means You are a human, not an animal.

Man: I know I am same and I am a human but the problem is I get up in the morning like a horse, I go to work like a deer, I work all day like a donkey, I wag my tail in front of my manager like a dog, I come home very late & then play with my children like a monkey, I am like a rabbit in front of my wife.

Doctor asked: Do you work for XYZ?(I removed the original company name, you are free to guess)

Man: Yes.

Doctor: Come dear, no body will treat you better than me.
 
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff
Posts: 17278
6
IntelliJ IDE Mac Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I don't get the punchline, regardless of what company name is inserted.

Mark
 
Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 24212
35
Chrome Eclipse IDE Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I don't get the setup, either. "Go to work like a deer?" "Get up in the morning like a horse?"

But except for the setup and the punchline, you're right, it's hilarious
 
marc weber
Sheriff
Posts: 11343
Java Mac Safari
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
My cat doesn't get it either, so I don't think it's an animal joke.
 
John Smith
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2937
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The meaning of the joke was distorted by a revision. The original joke was "..., I look like a cow, I sell short in a bull market, I act like a calf, and I like veal parmigiana". However, since the cow was declared a sacred animal by the Indian government in 1997, the original joke was deemed "offensive", and the animal in question was replaced by other species which are believed to be lower in their caste. Thus the new joke.
 
marc weber
Sheriff
Posts: 11343
Java Mac Safari
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Now I'm even more confused (unless John's explanation was itself a joke).
 
John Smith
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2937
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Well, only Chetan can clarify the confusion, 'cause he is apparently the only one laughing.
 
Deepak Bala
Bartender
Posts: 6663
5
Firefox Browser Linux MyEclipse IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Now I'm even more confused (unless John's explanation was itself a joke).


 
Rohit Nath
Ranch Hand
Posts: 387
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The entire post itself is "Just Hilarious !!!"
 
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
You people made this thread very hilarious!!
 
R K Singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5384
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by marc weber:
My cat doesn't get it either, so I don't think it's an animal joke.


Did you get the joke
 
Pushkar Choudhary
Rancher
Posts: 425
Android Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by marc weber:
Now I'm even more confused (unless John's explanation was itself a joke).






By the way, are you, by any chance, the Formula 1 driver Mark Webber??
 
Svend Rost
Ranch Hand
Posts: 904
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hmm.. what a way to use 2 mins..
 
Nischal Tanna
Ranch Hand
Posts: 182
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Top 10 Heights*

1. What is height of Fashion?
A. Dhoti with a zip

2. What is height of Secrecy?
A. Offering blank visiting cards.

3. What is height of Activelaziness?
A. Asking for a lift to house while on a morning walk.

5. What is height of Craziness?
A. Getting a blank paper Xeroxed.

6. What is height of Forgetfulness?
A. Seeing the mirror and trying to recollect when you saw him / her last.

7. What is height of Stupidity?
A. A man looking through a keyhole of a glass door.

8. What is height of Honesty?
A. A pregnant woman taking one and a half ticket.

9. What is height of Suicide?
A. A dwarf jumping from the footpath on the road.

10. What is height of De-hydration?
A. A cow giving milk powder
 
Srikanth Raghavan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 389
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Pushkar Choudhary:






By the way, are you, by any chance, the Formula 1 driver Mark Webber??


I once asked him the same question, when he deleted my post or closed it or I don't remember exactly but he did something to me. But he never answered me the question.
 
Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
Posts: 42968
73
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
By the way, are you, by any chance, the Formula 1 driver Mark Webber?


He is not related to M. Webber, but he is, in fact, the inventor of the weber grill, beloved by barbecue afficionados the world over. He is also easily confused with the other Marc Weber.
[ February 09, 2007: Message edited by: Ulf Dittmer ]
 
marc weber
Sheriff
Posts: 11343
Java Mac Safari
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Srikanth Raghavan:
...I once asked him the same question, when he deleted my post or closed it or I don't remember exactly but he did something to me. But he never answered me the question.

Hmmm... That must have been the Formula 1 driver (or the grill), because it wasn't me.
 
Henry Wong
author
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 21514
84
C++ Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java jQuery Linux VI Editor Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I know that the adage, "if you need to explain a joke, it's not funny", applies in this case... but still... could the original poster please explain the joke?

Henry
 
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff
Posts: 17278
6
IntelliJ IDE Mac Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Henry Wong:
I know that the adage, "if you need to explain a joke, it's not funny", applies in this case... but still... could the original poster please explain the joke?

Henry


Henry, it is like this, kind of the same joke.

Two Elephants are in a bath tub

One elephant says to the other
"Pass the soap"

The other elephant goes
"No Soap, RADIO!"


Mark
 
John Smith
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2937
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Mark Spritzler:
it is like this, kind of the same joke.
Two Elephants are in a bath tub

One elephant says to the other
"Pass the soap"

The other elephant goes
"No Soap, RADIO!"


I had to wiki No Soap Radio to understand what you mean, and I think you are adding to the total confusion in this thread, Mark.

The originally posted joke is not a "No soap, radio" type, although there is indeed a similarity, considering that the setup is actually funnier than the punch line. Unlike the "No soap, radio", which is the "anti-humor" joke, the originally posted joke appears to be an honest (although a miserably failed) attempt at humor. Its gross deficiency is actually in that it tries to explain its own punchline (which is the passage about the animalistic attributes of a person). In effect, the punch line precedes the setup (which is the reference to the patient working for company XYZ).

Consider this example:

A man went to apply for a job. After filling out all of his applications, he waited anxiously for the outcome. The employer read all his applications and said, "We have an opening for people like you." "Oh, great," he said, "What is it?". "It's called the door!".

Now, suppose the joke didn't end there, but proceeded with another sentence: "Well", the man thought, "it sounds like they don't like me". With this addition, the joke is not a joke anymore, as the cardinal rule of joke telling is brutally violated. That's exactly the situation with the originally posted joke. If it didn't have the last three lines, it may have been marginally funny. But in its current form as we see it in the first post, it's lame beyond comprehension.

I hope this answers your question, Henry.

The students in the "humor studies" may also find the anti-humor Wikipedia entry relevant. Some jokes are purposefully made so unfunny that they become funny. Here is an example:

Q: What did the farmer say when he lost his tractor?
A: "Where's my tractor?"


There is a similar quality in the "animal joke". What makes it funny is that the original poster found it "hilarious".
[ February 10, 2007: Message edited by: John Smith ]
 
Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 24212
35
Chrome Eclipse IDE Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by John Smith:
That's exactly the situation with the originally posted joke. If it didn't have the last three lines, it may have been marginally funny. But in its current form as we see it in the first post, it's lame beyond comprehension.


Now, that's not fair: stop making sense!
 
Deepak Bala
Bartender
Posts: 6663
5
Firefox Browser Linux MyEclipse IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I had to wiki No Soap Radio


Me too !
 
Henry Wong
author
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 21514
84
C++ Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java jQuery Linux VI Editor Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I hope this answers your question, Henry.


Yes. That was perfect.

I even found a way to fix the joke...


Once a man went to a Veterinary (Animal) Doctor and said: Doctor I came on vacation so that I can get treatment.

Doctor: I think you should go to the Doctor opposite to my clinic.

Man: No, I am coming to you. You should not have any problem treating me.

Doctor: But, I am a Veterinary Doctor. I am an animal specialist.

Man: I know, but I want you to treat me.

Doctor: I cannot, because you speak like me and think like me which means You are a human, not an animal.

Man: I know I am same and I am a human but the problem is I get up in the morning like a horse, I go to work like a deer, I work all day like a donkey, I wag my tail in front of my manager like a dog, I come home very late & then play with my children like a monkey, I am like a rabbit in front of my wife.

Doctor asked: Do you work for XYZ?(I removed the original company name, you are free to guess)

Man: Yes.

Doctor: Come dear, no body will treat you better than me.

Man: Really?!? You will treat me?

Doctor: Yes, but first let's clean you up.

Man: With Soap?

Doctor: No Soap, RADIO !!


Henry
 
Deepak Bala
Bartender
Posts: 6663
5
Firefox Browser Linux MyEclipse IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Doctor: No Soap, RADIO !!


good job
 
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff
Posts: 17278
6
IntelliJ IDE Mac Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Beautiful Henry. That is the perfect ending to that joke. I love it and laughed real hard.

Mark
 
Arun Kumarr
Ranch Hand
Posts: 661
Eclipse IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Henry that was good. Couldn't help lol, people in office started smiling at me. Good sense of Humour.
 
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by John Smith:
There is a similar quality in the "animal joke". What makes it funny is that the original poster found it "hilarious".


Now I am shy to post any joke anywhere
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic