I am into developing an application in J2ME to which I am very new.
1) The user will log into this application by giving his login ID and password.
2) The home page of the application shows the user options for posting different types of messages.
For implementing this I have started with
1) I have downloaded Java(TM) ME Platform SDK 3.0 and installed it. It comes with a emulator along with it.
2) Writing a midlet (LoginMidlet), that displays 2 text boxes and a login button, allows the user to login in.
3) Successful login will show the user with different links for posting different kinds of messages.
The LoginMidlet will contact a servlet deployed on the tomcat server.
1) This servlet will connect to Database (SQL server 2008), query it and verify the login credentials.
I feel happy to do this successfully however I have a few doubts.
1) The J2ME application which i have created has only one MIDlet (LoginMidlet) and two forms (login screen and home screen).
2) The java application on tomcat has only one servlet.
so if my J2ME applications grows to multiple screens and more functionalities.........
1) WHAT is the better way to manage all these screens and functionalities in my J2ME application ....means better architecture of J2ME application
2) How many Midlets can I have in my J2ME app.
3) How about the java app architecture on tomcat.
NOTE:- Already I have my business logic implemted in .NET framework as web application
Thanks in advance for all your suggestions and guidelines