• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem with taglib declaration.

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 147
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I get such error:


though, i have included all struts libraries... and used such taglib declarations:


So, i can't understand what's the problem.

P.S. I use last version of Struts 1
 
Vadim Vararu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 147
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Now, i've made some changes in web.xml and i get this error:
 
Author
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Searching the web provides several possible solutions. What server are you running? Some have a bundled version of Struts. What libraries are you deploying? Have you verified the versions of all the deployed libraries (and verified that deployment is happening correctly)?
 
Vadim Vararu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 147
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm using tomcat 6.x without any bundled version of framework and latest version of Struts1 downloaded from official site.

This is the .jsp that i try to access:


When i call it with struts taglib declaration line, i get error, when i delete that line, it goes ok. So the problem is in the taglib declaration somewhere i guess.
 
David Newton
Author
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
*Please* list the libraries you're deploying--it's really difficult to help if you don't provide requested information.

Are you deploying a jsp library?
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 856
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

latest version of Struts1 downloaded from official site.



if you already have downloaded the Struts 1. then why not to use them-
put all tld in WEB-INF. and all your libraries in your src project lib folder.

refer all tld by specifying the location as /WEB-INF/struts-html.tld
instead of specifying the urls. this will also make your project portable.
 
David Newton
Author
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
App servers haven't needed extracted TLDs for years, and TC6 certainly doesn't.
 
Vadim Vararu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 147
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Here is the list of libraries i deploy:
.......................................................
antlr-2.7.2
bsf-2.3.0
commons-beanutils-1.8.0
commons-chain-1.2
commons-digester-1.8
commons-fileupload-1.1.1
commons-io-1.1
commons-logging-1.0.4
commons-validator-1.3.1
jstl-1.0.2
oro-2.0.8
standard-1.0.6
struts-core-1.3.10
struts-el-1.3.10
struts-extras-1.3.10
struts-faces-1.3.10
struts-mailreader-dao-1.3.10
struts-scripting-1.3.10
struts-taglib-1.3.10
struts-tiles-1.3.10
...........................................................

I don't have any .tld-s in web-inf directory. I just write in .jsp-s write uri and container do extract .tld-s by itself. It is correct, isn't it?
 
David Newton
Author
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
What does your web.xml look like? I can't reproduce this, so right now I'm thinking there's a deployment or configuration issue. I'd also recommend removing any libraries you're *not* using.
 
Vadim Vararu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 147
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Uhhh... it was an Eclipse issue. I just didn't deploy libraries correctly.
 
Amandeep Singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 856
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

David Newton wrote:App servers haven't needed extracted TLDs for years, and TC6 certainly doesn't.



I did not understand what this really means.
 
David Newton
Author
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
@Vadim: Happens all the time

@Amandeep: It means that TLDs are discoverable inside library files and do not need to exist on the filesystem as separate, physical files.
 
Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic