I cleared SCEA part 1 with 92% and moving onto part 2.
I use to think SCEA is huge until I started reading this forum.
This forum has motivated and cleared all my fears about the exam.
Here is my list. It is so common so everyone may already know this.
1. SCEA Architect for J2EE by Cade and Roberts.
2. MZ all topics except patterns ( I could not get the time for MZ patterns)
3. First 8 chapters of complete reference JSF 4. Head First Servlets and JSP quick read for life cycles and JSP basics.
5. Head First EJB quick read for common topics of EJB 2 and EJB 3.
6. EJB 3 in Action
7. Head First Design Patterns, GOF, Core J2EE patterns
8. Java Transactions Design Strategies
9. Sun J5EE Tutorial
10. IBM articles on JAX-RPC, JAXB and JAX-WS
Congratulations on making this hurdle! Great stuff.
I am planning to do this sometime soon and just want to ask you one thing:
On the questions that there are more than one possible answer (i.e. checkboxes), does the question indicate how many answers to check? I am doing the Whizlabs practice tests at the moment and these do not specify this.
Thanks in advance and best of luck for Parts 2 and 3.
I read 4 hours a day for 2 months. I had to read more books as I wanted to have some knowledge on all topics of J2EE. I did not go too deep.
I am planning to spend more time for Part 2 as it requires a detailed knowledge.