Has anyone read "Pro JavaFX Platform: Script, Desktop and Mobile RIA with Java Technology "
It lists :
What you’ll learn
* Get started with JavaFX Script, including downloading the SDK and available tools.
* Express user interfaces with declarative scripting.
* Define classes, functions, and attributes.
* Use JavaFX and associated tools so that an application developer and a graphics designer can effectively collaborate on an application.
* Uncover the JavaFX language and APIs to whatever degree you choose. The tutorials, reference materials, and pointers to resources will be exhaustive.
* Have fun learning JavaFX because of the engaging and friendly style in which it is presented in this book. A lot of people have been waiting for a real 1.2 book to buy and this is it!
Summary of Contents
1. Getting a Jump Start in JavaFX
2. Taking a Closer Look at the JavaFX Script Language
3. Creating a User Interface in JavaFX
4. Using Functions, Classes and Other Advanced Features
5. Creating Custom UI Components in JavaFX
6. Using the Media Classes
7. Dynamically Laying Out Nodes in the User Interface
8. Extending JavaFX with Third-Party Libraries
9. Building a Professional JavaFX Application 10. Developing JavaFX Mobile Applications
1. Keywords and Operators
I am interested to know about the Professional JavaFX application mentioned above. What kind of application does it build?
posted 9 years ago
Just searched and found the examples ibeing built in the book
Hm, I have a hard time believing you can build these examples just by reading the book. I'd be willing to bet they provide a bunch of snippets and insights but then tell you to go download the complete source code. I'd like to be wrong.