This week's book giveaway is in the Agile and Other Processes forum. We're giving away four copies of Real-World Software Development: A Project-Driven Guide to Fundamentals in Java and have Dr. Raoul-Gabriel Urma & Richard Warburton on-line! See this thread for details.
looking for a solid Java developer for a short term contract here in SoMa (4th & Townsend). This project will probably last until the end of September and there is a possibility that it will get extended.
Billing rate depends on compensation history and experience. Please email or PM me if you or someone you know is a fit for this role. THANKS!!
Senior JAVA Developer
Location: San Francisco (SOMA)
* Should have solid experience in Core Java Programming, Multithreading, Data structures, Design patterns.
* Should be an expert in design & development of end-to-end (Front end, middleware, server side/backend) Customer facing large applications.
* Involved in the complete life-cycle of the application used by millions of users.
* Experience developing highly performable, maintainable, extendable and scalable applications using OOAD technologies, Java & J2EE design patterns.
* Should have good hands on experience in Core Java, Eclipse, Tomcat, JDBC, Pl/SQL
* Spring, Apache, XML, MVC, JSTL, JUnit, etc - BONUS!
Education & Experience:
* 5+ years of experience
* BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related, MS degree is a plus.
* Experience with & knowledge of the Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing desired.
* Requires strong communication (English is required along with written/documentation) skills.
* Strong problem solving/analytical skills with ability to meet and exceed project deadlines.
* Ability to work with other departments and all levels of the company.
* Strong dedication to quality and customer service.
* Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.