• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

SCBCD Passed 100%

 
Ulises Pulido
Ranch Hand
Posts: 81
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello:

Today I passed with 100% my SCBCD certification exam. I would like to thank all the ranchers for the questions and book suggestions given in this forum because they all were helpful.

What I did to have that score was to re-read 3 times EJB3 in Action book, read 2 times the spec and created an application for practicing. For passing the exam you really need to read the spec because there are a lot of questions that you could not answer by just reading the EJB3 in Action book, also I was reading the threads in this forum while studying.


Thanks to all the ranchers for the questions they asked here they were helpful.
 
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3819
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations! Amazing Score!!!
 
kurt hanni
Ranch Hand
Posts: 140
Eclipse IDE Java Mac
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
congrats!!!

did you read all the specs, all 3 of them? all chapters?
 
Remko Strating
Ranch Hand
Posts: 893
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats .... A very good score.

 
Ulises Pulido
Ranch Hand
Posts: 81
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
kurt hanni wrote:congrats!!!

did you read all the specs, all 3 of them? all chapters?


I read the sections that were not well explained in the book such as the roles

I read this two only

ejb-3_0-fr-spec-ejbcore.pdf
ejb-3_0-fr-spec-persistence.pdf
 
karthick chinnathambi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 196
Android Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ulises Pulido wrote:Hello:

Today I passed with 100% my SCBCD certification exam. I would like to thank all the ranchers for the questions and book suggestions given in this forum because they all were helpful.

What I did to have that score was to re-read 3 times EJB3 in Action book, read 2 times the spec and created an application for practicing. For passing the exam you really need to read the spec because there are a lot of questions that you could not answer by just reading the EJB3 in Action book, also I was reading the threads in this forum while studying.

Thanks to all the ranchers for the questions they asked here they were helpful.



hi friend,
i like to have a piece of advice from you.........

i just finisher SCJP-6 with 93%.......

which would be the next better exam to go with in Java..............

please also mention the book (just like K&B for SCJP) that would help me in covering all the chapters for that exam.......

I will be very thankful if you provide me your E-mail ID so that i can ask for any doubts and get instant reply.......

Tahnks in advance.........
 
Vamsi Mohan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 80
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Oh! Really Great! Congrats and All the Best.
 
Vijitha Kumara
Bartender
Pie
Posts: 3930
21
Chrome Fedora Hibernate
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Perfect Score !! Congratulations
 
SampathKumar chinnadurai
Ranch Hand
Posts: 44
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats great score
 
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand
Posts: 689
Eclipse IDE Java Scala
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Congrats ...
 
Ulises Pulido
Ranch Hand
Posts: 81
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
karthick chinnathambi wrote:
Ulises Pulido wrote:Hello:

Today I passed with 100% my SCBCD certification exam. I would like to thank all the ranchers for the questions and book suggestions given in this forum because they all were helpful.

What I did to have that score was to re-read 3 times EJB3 in Action book, read 2 times the spec and created an application for practicing. For passing the exam you really need to read the spec because there are a lot of questions that you could not answer by just reading the EJB3 in Action book, also I was reading the threads in this forum while studying.

Thanks to all the ranchers for the questions they asked here they were helpful.



hi friend,
i like to have a piece of advice from you.........

i just finisher SCJP-6 with 93%.......

which would be the next better exam to go with in Java..............

please also mention the book (just like K&B for SCJP) that would help me in covering all the chapters for that exam.......

I will be very thankful if you provide me your E-mail ID so that i can ask for any doubts and get instant reply.......

Tahnks in advance.........


From my personal point of view the next step would be to study for SCWCD in that way you will learn all around JSP and Servlets. The book Head First Servlets and JSP by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates.

The reason is because there are many jobs out there that requires this knowledge, well also you need to learn a framework, but this learning is a good beginning.
 
karthick chinnathambi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 196
Android Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ulises Pulido wrote:
From my personal point of view the next step would be to study for SCWCD in that way you will learn all around JSP and Servlets. The book Head First Servlets and JSP by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates.

The reason is because there are many jobs out there that requires this knowledge, well also you need to learn a framework, but this learning is a good beginning.


Thanks a lot for your reply.....

can you please provide me your e-mail ID so that i can ask any doubts to you and get instant replies apart from posting in our JavaRanch forum also.........

It will be more helpful for my carrier if i get guidance from persons like you.....

Thanks in advance.....
 
Ulises Pulido
Ranch Hand
Posts: 81
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
karthick chinnathambi wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply.....

can you please provide me your e-mail ID so that i can ask any doubts to you and get instant replies apart from posting in our JavaRanch forum also.........

It will be more helpful for my carrier if i get guidance from persons like you.....

Thanks in advance.....


[REMOVED - Please use the forum]

If I am able to help you in something, I'll do my best in doing it.
 
karthick chinnathambi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 196
Android Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ulises Pulido wrote:

If I am able to help you in something, I'll do my best in doing it.


Thanks a lot friend
 
Krishna Srinivasan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1876
Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
congrats!!
 
Khor Yong Hao
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Wow, except spec, what book you recommend?
 
V Sahdev
Greenhorn
Posts: 14
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sad but true anyone can get certified. Again, sad but true certifications dont substitute for lack of actual experience
 
arulk pillai
Author
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3393
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats and keep the great work
 
Ankit Garg
Sheriff
Posts: 9580
33
Android Google Web Toolkit Hibernate IntelliJ IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Perfect Score, Congrats
 
Devaka Cooray
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 4897
409
Chrome Eclipse IDE Google App Engine IntelliJ IDE jQuery Postgres Database Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations
 
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand
Posts: 10128
3
Eclipse IDE Mac PPC Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Great score on a tough exam!
 
Jakob Fisher
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats -
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic