1. I am a Computer science engineer finished my degree in MAY 2009
2. I am without a job now. tried for many companies and ultimately failed.
3. I am strong in CORE JAVA , PLANNING TO WRITE SCJP in November.
My situation is I didnt get a job for 4 months. I am losing patience. The only ray of hope is I WILL FINISH SCJP THIS NOVEMBER. I am not aware of J2EE.
My question is
1. IS SCJP certification enough to find a job as a fresher. or is J2EE skills needed.
2. I got an cheap offer from a private institute from my place to study J2ee. Its a good institute. Should i join there.
3. Or should i concentrate on SCJP and patiently waiting for job offers in next 3 months. Will i get any( I am a first class distinction holder throughout my academic career) ??
Please help me out SENIORS. I am completely broken down. I am at worst of my moods right now. I will probably become more upset mentally if i dont get a job in next 1-2 months
I think you may have to adjust your expectations somewhat. It may take you some time to find a job, especially since you are right out of school. You might want to look into related fields where you might have an opportunity to program, to get the necessary experience. Alternatively, you may want to look for volunteer programming opportunities.
When the job market is not good you may need to wait for longer period. Especially in India its not easy to get job as a fresher if don't get in campus. So keep on trying and wait with patience. Meanwhile try tom improve your skills. Join in the institute if you feel the institute will teach you more then what you get thru SCJP.
Hi karthik, i can understand your problem please with patience, coming to the point you want to write SCJP and get a good job right, go for it you got the best idea take your own time for preparation and attend the exam, with SCJP in your resume as a freshers you will definitly get a good job all the best karthik.