Transaction not committed before pushing message to JMS
posted 7 years ago
Hope you can help me with this.
Given the following scenario:
1. A user hits a webservice.
2. The Oracle database is populated with info from the ws request.
3. The database id of the row created in 2) is used to create a message which is pushed to a JMS queue.
4. A Message Driven Bean receives the message and tries to retrieve the database row given the id.
5. The returned row from 4) is often null because, at least that it what suspect, the transaction from 1), 2) and 3) is not committed yet.
How can I make sure that the transaction has been committed before the MDB awakes?
We are running the app on JBoss AS 4.2.2 on JDK 6 with no customizations.