As to having its own forum, we generally create one if there are a lot of posts about something. So far, we haven't really seen that for GWT.
Maneesh Godbole wrote:We have a forum dedicated to HTML/JS. Why don't you start posting there?
If there is a sizable amount of traffic, it can seed a new forum.
I predict most questions would be about custom made widgets behaving differently in different browsers.
however, I look at it with the respect of a translator rather than a generator,
the last time i did a "DETAILED" build instead of a "PRETTY" one, I noticed classes analogous to mine,
please, please don't call me salivn
GWT Google group is extremely active and helpful: yes,
but so are the Java groups and yet we have big moose saloon.
GWT In Action
GWT In Practice
Google Web Toolkit Applications
Google Web Toolkit Solutions
1) create forum
2) move a bunch of existing threads to the forum
3) Arrange book promotions with Jeanne and Henry
4) (optional) maybe create some banners to promote the new forum
5) (optional) maybe arrange some sponsorship text to go out on upcoming mailings
6) (optional) get some support from the google folks?
7) (optional) announce the forum on the google group? (only if that seems like it would be cool with that group)
8) (optional) fish for other creative ways to breathe life into a new forum
Of course, if several ranch hands such as yourself were offering bits of this and other ways to be helpful, it might be more likely that a staffer would volunteer, and more likely that getting the forum going would succeed!
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:There is now a GWT forum. This has been asked for before. Looks like now the time is right!
God bless you Jeanne Boyarsky