As per my undersatanding of EL, would give the same result as or
but in my jsp the EL one is not working while all the others are working fine. Kindly help me to identify how to get this EL working. is there any thing I am doing wrong? or do I need to add any jars to get the EL working.
The JSP code
The reasons of ignoring EL may be:
1)If your web.xml has an entry <el-ignored>true</el-ignored>,
2) Version declaration problems of web.xml. See this.
My web.xml does not have the entry of <el-ignored>true</el-ignored> alternatively web-app tag in my web.xml was not defined as mentioned in your given faq. When I try to add the web-app entry I get the following error message. and it does not let the application deployed in glassfish..
Error message -
Multiple annotations found at this line:
- Attribute "xmlns:xsi" must be declared for element type "web-app".
- Attribute "version" must be declared for element type "web-app".
- Attribute "xmlns" must be declared for element type "web-app".
- Attribute "xsi:schemaLocation" must be declared for element type "web-app".
The web.xml with these annotation is as attached below. Kindly let us know what change should I do in my web.xml to get this issue resolved.
Amru Jahagirdar wrote:Hi Salil,
I was also facing the same problem. What I did was I delcared isELEgnored="false" in my page deractive and it started working.
this is not a very good option though as I don't want to specify it for every JSP page.
Yes, that's not a good option.