I cleared exam “Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services (CX-310-230)” with 62%. Though this is not a good score , it’s worth taking the exam to understand SOA and webservices better.
I would like to specially thank “Ivan A Krizsan” for his beautiful doc. It helped me a lot. This is a best reference. Ivan probably you may try writing a book for this exam.
Additional thanks to “Mikalai Zaikin's and Watsh Rajneesh.” For your reference material.
Tips to for new people who are going take the exam.
1. Please have at least one month duration for preparation. This helps you to try some examples and write code snippets. I spend only two weeks in preparation.
2. Take mock exams that will helps to understand the concepts WSDL,SOAP,UDDI better. Ignore questions related to JAX-RPC and concentrate on JAX-WS
3. Don’t spend much time on by hearting the annotations, api of JAX-WS instead concentrate on interoperability problems between wcf and WSIT. Basic profile ..etc
4. Spend some time on the JAXR and UDDI. It’s better to know them at api level.
5. Exam contains more theoretical part. So it is better to read more articles to cover the topics “General Design and Architecture and dpoint Design and Architecture”
6. http://scdjws-beta.blogspot.com/ contains very useful references.
At last but not least…. thanks to javaranch. Without you I may not cleared this exam.
Thanks & Regards
Balaji Chopparapu wrote:I would like to specially thank “Ivan A Krizsan” for his beautiful doc. It helped me a lot. This is a best reference. Ivan probably you may try writing a book for this exam.
Congratulations! I am happy to hear that my study notes helped you.
As things are, I am perfectly happy with giving away my study notes. If I receive feedback and I feel that I am able to improve the notes, I will do that and make the revised document available, also for free.
Gowri Shankar wrote:MZ study guide is not opening...someone please help
FYI: java.boot.by is up and running again.
CX-310-230 exam, when i went thru the java certification site its clearly given that
# Number of questions: 69
# Pass score: 68% (47 items of 69 questions)
You got 62%. I'm little bit confused.
May be you have gave the exam in the month of Oct and is rules changed after that?