Win a copy of Functional Reactive Programming this week in the Other Languages forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

cleared SCJP6

 
zhong chen
Greenhorn
Posts: 24
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Just clear it today, scored 86%

Thanks to Devaka, Henry, Ankit and all that helped to make concepts clear and questions answered.

I didn't do well on generics, perhaps I didn't read the new version of K&B book. I relied on the version 5 and didn't paid much attention on the added NavigableSet stuff. I encounter 2 questions on adding, deleting elements after doing subSet and sort. Also a mistake on generic constructor. I choose Gen<T>() which I think should be just Gen().

One unexpected thing is for questions with a "Task" button and need drag and drop actions. I found I couldn't review the answer. When I click on the "Task" button in review mode, it pops up an message basically saying if you choose yes, you are going to redo the question. I still did not figure out how to review these questions.

One small surprise is there are 2 or 3 questions given the code without outer class signature. It had 2 classes parallel with the public static void main method. I had thought the main method was outside any class but after the 2nd occurrence I realized it was not.


 
Ankur kothari
Ranch Hand
Posts: 531
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
congrats man....well done...by the way how many questions were there on the exam?

From where did you take the mock tests?
 
zhong chen
Greenhorn
Posts: 24
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
60 question in 3 hours.

I did Devaka diagnose, 1, and final. They are really helpful. Just don't let the score depress you:-) I scored 62% on final(failed).

The real exam is harder than I thought.
 
Ankur kothari
Ranch Hand
Posts: 531
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have just started studying for scjp...although i have read K & B once only. I want to give my exam next month. What would be the best way to study? I was thinking of going through all the queries in this forum....
 
Ankur kothari
Ranch Hand
Posts: 531
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
This devaka's simulator gives me an error when i try to install the jet driver....cant understand what is that.

And also K & B cd doesnt run on my laptop? what could be the problem?
 
Deepak Bala
Bartender
Posts: 6663
5
Firefox Browser Linux MyEclipse IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats on passing the exam.
 
Ankit Garg
Sheriff
Posts: 9529
33
Android Google Web Toolkit Hibernate IntelliJ IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats
 
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 4689
336
Chrome Eclipse IDE Google App Engine IntelliJ IDE jQuery Postgres Database Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations zhong,
Glad to know ExamLab helped.
 
Seetharaman Venkatasamy
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5575
Eclipse IDE Java Windows XP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations !
 
Vivek Singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 92
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
ankur kothari wrote:This devaka's simulator gives me an error when i try to install the jet driver....cant understand what is that.

And also K & B cd doesnt run on my laptop? what could be the problem?


yes same problem for me... i have vista!!! how to fix this. throws some access violation exception whule trying to change some dll.
Please help
 
nav katoch
Ranch Hand
Posts: 246
Eclipse IDE Java Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats!!

Naveen Katoch
 
Atwal Usha
Ranch Hand
Posts: 137
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations
 
Dragos Nica
Ranch Hand
Posts: 39
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Vivek Singh wrote:
ankur kothari wrote:This devaka's simulator gives me an error when i try to install the jet driver....cant understand what is that.

And also K & B cd doesnt run on my laptop? what could be the problem?


yes same problem for me... i have vista!!! how to fix this. throws some access violation exception whule trying to change some dll.
Please help



Did you tried to disable UAC in VISTA? and also try to install the simulator with ADMINISTRATOR privilege.
 
Roberto Perillo
Bartender
Posts: 2271
3
Eclipse IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats, champ!
 
Vicky Johnny
Greenhorn
Posts: 11
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Dragos Nica wrote:
Vivek Singh wrote:
ankur kothari wrote:This devaka's simulator gives me an error when i try to install the jet driver....cant understand what is that.

And also K & B cd doesnt run on my laptop? what could be the problem?


yes same problem for me... i have vista!!! how to fix this. throws some access violation exception whule trying to change some dll.
Please help



Did you tried to disable UAC in VISTA? and also try to install the simulator with ADMINISTRATOR privilege.


Even I had the same error while installing.. infact I disabled the UAC before running the setup... yet the error...
 
Nidhi Sar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 252
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Zhon,
Congratulations! Great score.

What exactly do you mean by this?
zhong chen wrote:One small surprise is there are 2 or 3 questions given the code without outer class signature. It had 2 classes parallel with the public static void main method. I had thought the main method was outside any class but after the 2nd occurrence I realized it was not.


Thanks,
 
Abhay Agarwal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1376
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats friend

enjoy the success
 
Dragos Nica
Ranch Hand
Posts: 39
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Vicky Johnny wrote:
Dragos Nica wrote:
Vivek Singh wrote:
ankur kothari wrote:This devaka's simulator gives me an error when i try to install the jet driver....cant understand what is that.

And also K & B cd doesnt run on my laptop? what could be the problem?


yes same problem for me... i have vista!!! how to fix this. throws some access violation exception whule trying to change some dll.
Please help



Did you tried to disable UAC in VISTA? and also try to install the simulator with ADMINISTRATOR privilege.


Even I had the same error while installing.. infact I disabled the UAC before running the setup... yet the error...


What about the ADMINISTRATOR privilege?
I remember that I managed to install it without problems on a VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 with SP1
 
Vijitha Kumara
Bartender
Pie
Posts: 3918
10
Chrome Fedora Hibernate
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats
 
Krishna Srinivasan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1874
Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
congrats!!
 
Vidmantas Maskoliunas
Greenhorn
Posts: 22
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Greetings, Colleague!
 
Jeevan Reddy
Ranch Hand
Posts: 142
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats Zhong. Great job.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic